Are You Targeted for This Double Points Promotion for Credit Card Spend?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Already one of TPG‘s best credit cards for everyday spending, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express just got a lot more rewarding for those targeted by this new promotion. Check here to see if you’re targeted to earn a bonus Starpoint for every dollar spent between registration and December 31, 2017. You can earn up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints through this promotion.
TPG currently values Starwood points at 2.7 cents each, so only the Chase Freedom Unlimited’s potential 3.3 cents of value per dollar spent or The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express’ 3.8 cents of value per dollar spent beats the SPG card under normal conditions. With this double-points offer, the SPG Amex jumps to the top for everyday purchases this holiday season.
There are some terms and conditions to be aware of. First, make sure to register by November 30. Once you do, your future purchases — and those made by authorized users — will earn a bonus Starpoint through the end of the year. Note your account is limited to 5,000 bonus points regardless of the number of authorized users you have.
The eligible purchase section of the terms and conditions is worth reading through:
Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Also, you might have to wait a while for your bonus to post: “bonus Starpoints will be credited to your account 10-12 weeks after the eligible purchases appear on your billing statement,” and your account has to remain open through this period in order to receive your bonus points.
Were you targeted for this promotion?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.