Are You Targeted for This Double Points Promotion for Credit Card Spend?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Already one of TPG‘s best credit cards for everyday spending, the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express just got a lot more rewarding for those targeted by this new promotion. Check here to see if you’re targeted to earn a bonus Starpoint for every dollar spent between registration and December 31, 2017. You can earn up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints through this promotion.
TPG currently values Starwood points at 2.7 cents each, so only the Chase Freedom Unlimited’s potential 3.3 cents of value per dollar spent or The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express’ 3.8 cents of value per dollar spent beats the SPG card under normal conditions. With this double-points offer, the SPG Amex jumps to the top for everyday purchases this holiday season.
There are some terms and conditions to be aware of. First, make sure to register by November 30. Once you do, your future purchases — and those made by authorized users — will earn a bonus Starpoint through the end of the year. Note your account is limited to 5,000 bonus points regardless of the number of authorized users you have.
The eligible purchase section of the terms and conditions is worth reading through:
Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Also, you might have to wait a while for your bonus to post: “bonus Starpoints will be credited to your account 10-12 weeks after the eligible purchases appear on your billing statement,” and your account has to remain open through this period in order to receive your bonus points.
Were you targeted for this promotion?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees