Deal Alert: US to Europe From $359 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Right now both low cost carriers and full service airlines are having a massive sale on flights from the US to Europe — with prices starting at $359 round-trip. It seems that fares from most large cities in the US to the European destinations of Amsterdam (AMS), London (LGW), Milan (MXP), Paris (CDG), Rome (FCO) and Venice (VCE) are on sale. And if you’re not flying out of a large airline hub, flights from some smaller cities don’t cost too much more.
You’ll want to use a service like Google Flights when searching, then plug in your ideal departure city and destination. There’s plenty of availability on most routes from November 2017 through May 2018.
Keep in mind that budget carriers like Norwegian or Icelandair will charge for checked bags — but if you go with a full service carrier like Iberia or United checked luggage, seat selection and meals will be included in your ticket.
Airline: American, Delta, Iberia, Icelandair, KLM, Norwegian and United
Routes: US to AMS, CDG, FCO, LGW, MXP, VCE
Cost: $359 round-trip in economy
Dates: November 2017 — May 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or with the airline directly
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to London (LGW) for $359 round-trip on Norwegian:
Washington D.C. to Amsterdam (AMS) for $373 round-trip on Icelandair:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $397 round-trip on American:
Seattle (SEA) to Paris (CDG) for $404 round-trip on American:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $390 round-trip on Delta:
Boston (BOS) to Venice (VCE) for $423 round-trip on Iberia:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $426 round-trip on American (booked through Finnair):
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $429 round-trip on United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Venice by Rory McDonald/Getty.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees