Deal Alert: 90% Off Spirit Flights for One Day Only
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Spirit has launched a notable Black Friday sale, offering a whopping 90% off flights — or the flight portion of a vacation package — for one day only. In order to get the 90% discount, you must enter the promo code 90PCT when searching at spirit.com. The discount is only available for travel on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and you must book by November 24 at 11:59pm ET, and travel between December 5, 2017, and February 13, 2018.
Note that the 90% discount isn’t for the entire cost of the flight — it’s applied to the base fare, but not the taxes and fees. Still, you’ll find some pretty significant price drops when applying the promo code. Also note that there are blackout dates between December 19, 2017, and January 3, 2018. Finally, there are several cities and routes that aren’t eligible for the 90% discount. You can see the full list on Spirit’s promotion page.
Keep in mind that these fares are with low-cost carrier Spirit, meaning there could potentially be a slew of added charges. The carrier recently added bundled packages — check out this post to see when it makes sense for you. This is also just one of many Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from airlines — we’ve got a full roundup of what’s available today and throughout the holiday weekend.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $51+ round-trip in economy
Dates: December 2017 through February 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Houston (IAH) for $51 round-trip:
New York (LGA) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $98 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $101 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Juan (SJU) for $128 round-trip:
Denver (DEN) to New York (LGA) for $129 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Featured image by Philipp Walter / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees