Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $336 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
This Black Friday, Hawaiian Airlines is advertising flights to Hawaii from $357 round-trip. That’s pretty good, but we found even more competitive fares starting at just $336 round-trip from west coast cities to the 50th state. Meaning, a slew of other airlines have matched these deals: Six airlines are offering round-trip fares from six west coast departure airports to four Hawaii airports for under $370 round-trip — and these probably aren’t the only deals out there.
Available dates for under $400 round-trip fare are available for departures from this Sunday through mid-May. We recommend using Google Flights to search for deals from your airport. If you aren’t set on a particular Hawaiian island, enter “Hawaii, United States” in Google Flights to explore a variety of destinations.
Airlines: Hawaiian, Virgin America, Alaska, American, Delta, United
Routes: SJC/OAK/LAX/SFO/PDX/DEN to OGG/HNL/LIH/KOA
Cost: $336+ round-trip in economy
Dates: late November 2017 to mid-May 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Jose (SJC) to Honolulu (HNL) for $336 round-trip with Hawaiian:
Oakland (OAK) to Kahului (OGG) for $336 round-trip with Hawaiian:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $356 round-trip on American:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) for $356 round-trip with Virgin America:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $356 round-trip with Virgin America:
Portland (PDX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $362 round-trip with United:
Denver (DEN) to Kona (KOA) for $362 round-trip with Delta (Basic Economy):
San Francisco (SFO) to Kona (KOA) for $362 round-trip with Delta (Basic Economy):
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by JTB Photo/UIG via Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees