Deal Alert: US Cities to Barcelona and Paris From $264 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
LEVEL just expanded its route map Tuesday morning, adding a new hub in Paris and routes from its existing hub in Barcelona. Now, the airline is coming out swinging with some jaw-dropping deals — we’re seeing flights for as little as $264 round-trip from Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) and $300 round-trip from New York (JFK) to BCN. The only issue with this deal is that you’ll need to book it as two one-way flights instead of as a round-trip to get the cheapest fare.
Meanwhile, Norwegian isn’t going to be outdone — it’s offering excellent fares on its existing nonstop routes from the US to Barcelona with rates starting at $343 round-trip. Also, Primera Air is getting into the mix, selling flights for as low as $99 one-way or $278 round-trip.
Keep in mind that all of these are low-cost carriers. So, these fares are only going to get you and a personal item from point A to point B. Extras such as checked bags, seat seleection and meals are going to cost more.
Availability depends on the route, but some flights under $350 round-trip range from December 2017 to mid-June 2018 and then August-October 2018. The easiest way to find these deals is to search for cheap dates via Google Flights. Then click through to Orbitz, Expedia or the airline directly to book your tickets. Don’t forget that you can use an international version of the Norwegian site to save even more. Just make sure to buy your ticket with a credit card that has no foreign transaction fees.
Airlines: LEVEL, Norwegian, Primera Air
Routes: BOS/JFK/EWR/OAK/LAX to BCN/ORY/CDG
Cost: $264+ round-trip in economy
Dates: December 2017 to October 2018, depending on route
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or the airline itself
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $264 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €98 [US$116] nonstop return):
Boston (BOS) to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) for $278 round-trip nonstop:
Newark (EWR) to Paris Orly (ORY) for $300 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €128 [US$152] nonstop return):
New York’s JFK to Barcelona (BCN) for $300 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €128 [US$152] nonstop return):
Oakland (OAK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $339 total ($168 nonstop outbound + €144 [US$171] nonstop return):
New York’s JFK to Barcelona (BCN) for $343 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Featured image by James Farley/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees