Deal Alert: US Cities to Barcelona and Paris From $264 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
LEVEL just expanded its route map Tuesday morning, adding a new hub in Paris and routes from its existing hub in Barcelona. Now, the airline is coming out swinging with some jaw-dropping deals — we’re seeing flights for as little as $264 round-trip from Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) and $300 round-trip from New York (JFK) to BCN. The only issue with this deal is that you’ll need to book it as two one-way flights instead of as a round-trip to get the cheapest fare.
Meanwhile, Norwegian isn’t going to be outdone — it’s offering excellent fares on its existing nonstop routes from the US to Barcelona with rates starting at $343 round-trip. Also, Primera Air is getting into the mix, selling flights for as low as $99 one-way or $278 round-trip.
Keep in mind that all of these are low-cost carriers. So, these fares are only going to get you and a personal item from point A to point B. Extras such as checked bags, seat seleection and meals are going to cost more.
Availability depends on the route, but some flights under $350 round-trip range from December 2017 to mid-June 2018 and then August-October 2018. The easiest way to find these deals is to search for cheap dates via Google Flights. Then click through to Orbitz, Expedia or the airline directly to book your tickets. Don’t forget that you can use an international version of the Norwegian site to save even more. Just make sure to buy your ticket with a credit card that has no foreign transaction fees.
Airlines: LEVEL, Norwegian, Primera Air
Routes: BOS/JFK/EWR/OAK/LAX to BCN/ORY/CDG
Cost: $264+ round-trip in economy
Dates: December 2017 to October 2018, depending on route
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or the airline itself
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $264 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €98 [US$116] nonstop return):
Boston (BOS) to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) for $278 round-trip nonstop:
Newark (EWR) to Paris Orly (ORY) for $300 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €128 [US$152] nonstop return):
New York’s JFK to Barcelona (BCN) for $300 total ($148 nonstop outbound + €128 [US$152] nonstop return):
Oakland (OAK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $339 total ($168 nonstop outbound + €144 [US$171] nonstop return):
New York’s JFK to Barcelona (BCN) for $343 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Featured image by James Farley/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees