Belligerent Passenger Found “Guilty” For Aggressive Behavior
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On May 26th, a belligerent passenger caused a Flybe aircraft to reroute after a bathroom dispute.
According to Birmingham Mail, the flight was on its way to Amsterdam (AMS) from Birmingham (BHX) when passenger Kieran Tabberner caused a scene after being told he couldn’t use the bathroom during take-off.
Tabberner aggressively yelled at stewardess Robyn Pascoe that he would “p*** on the floor if he wasn’t allowed to go.” He was also “upset” when he then saw Pascoe use the bathroom herself after take-off.
Birmingham Mail reports Tabberner said: “I was dying to go to the toilet — I was literally bursting. When I saw her go to the toilet I thought it was OK for me to get up as well and decided to wait outside. I was upset and confused when she came out but I wasn’t aggressive towards her. I went back to my seat. I was shocked when they said the flight was turning back. I turned round and apologised to the other passengers.”
Tabberner and the other travelers with him were escorted off the plane when it landed back in Birmingham.
Tabberner’s threatening actions caused Pascoe to resign from her job at Flybe.
On Monday, Tabberner appeared in court for his trial, where he was found guilty of “behaving in a threatening, abusive and insulting manner,” states the Daily Mail. The judge indicated that Tabberner’s “actions had a serious financial impact for the company Flybe and a huge impact on Miss Pascoe who gave up her career due to this incident.”
Tabberner was fined £500 and forced to pay Pascoe £500. He was also ordered to pay the court fees of £500 and a £50 surcharge.
H/T: Birmingham Mail
Featured image by Flybe/Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees