Belligerent Passenger Found “Guilty” For Aggressive Behavior
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On May 26th, a belligerent passenger caused a Flybe aircraft to reroute after a bathroom dispute.
According to Birmingham Mail, the flight was on its way to Amsterdam (AMS) from Birmingham (BHX) when passenger Kieran Tabberner caused a scene after being told he couldn’t use the bathroom during take-off.
Tabberner aggressively yelled at stewardess Robyn Pascoe that he would “p*** on the floor if he wasn’t allowed to go.” He was also “upset” when he then saw Pascoe use the bathroom herself after take-off.
Birmingham Mail reports Tabberner said: “I was dying to go to the toilet — I was literally bursting. When I saw her go to the toilet I thought it was OK for me to get up as well and decided to wait outside. I was upset and confused when she came out but I wasn’t aggressive towards her. I went back to my seat. I was shocked when they said the flight was turning back. I turned round and apologised to the other passengers.”
Tabberner and the other travelers with him were escorted off the plane when it landed back in Birmingham.
Tabberner’s threatening actions caused Pascoe to resign from her job at Flybe.
On Monday, Tabberner appeared in court for his trial, where he was found guilty of “behaving in a threatening, abusive and insulting manner,” states the Daily Mail. The judge indicated that Tabberner’s “actions had a serious financial impact for the company Flybe and a huge impact on Miss Pascoe who gave up her career due to this incident.”
Tabberner was fined £500 and forced to pay Pascoe £500. He was also ordered to pay the court fees of £500 and a £50 surcharge.
H/T: Birmingham Mail
Featured image by Flybe/Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.