This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On May 26th, a belligerent passenger caused a Flybe aircraft to reroute after a bathroom dispute.
According to Birmingham Mail, the flight was on its way to Amsterdam (AMS) from Birmingham (BHX) when passenger Kieran Tabberner caused a scene after being told he couldn’t use the bathroom during take-off.
Tabberner aggressively yelled at stewardess Robyn Pascoe that he would “p*** on the floor if he wasn’t allowed to go.” He was also “upset” when he then saw Pascoe use the bathroom herself after take-off.
Birmingham Mail reports Tabberner said: “I was dying to go to the toilet — I was literally bursting. When I saw her go to the toilet I thought it was OK for me to get up as well and decided to wait outside. I was upset and confused when she came out but I wasn’t aggressive towards her. I went back to my seat. I was shocked when they said the flight was turning back. I turned round and apologised to the other passengers.”
Tabberner and the other travelers with him were escorted off the plane when it landed back in Birmingham.
Tabberner’s threatening actions caused Pascoe to resign from her job at Flybe.
On Monday, Tabberner appeared in court for his trial, where he was found guilty of “behaving in a threatening, abusive and insulting manner,” states the Daily Mail. The judge indicated that Tabberner’s “actions had a serious financial impact for the company Flybe and a huge impact on Miss Pascoe who gave up her career due to this incident.”
Tabberner was fined £500 and forced to pay Pascoe £500. He was also ordered to pay the court fees of £500 and a £50 surcharge.
H/T: Birmingham Mail
Featured image by Flybe/Facebook.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees