This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On May 26th, a belligerent passenger caused a Flybe aircraft to reroute after a bathroom dispute.
According to Birmingham Mail, the flight was on its way to Amsterdam (AMS) from Birmingham (BHX) when passenger Kieran Tabberner caused a scene after being told he couldn’t use the bathroom during take-off.
Tabberner aggressively yelled at stewardess Robyn Pascoe that he would “p*** on the floor if he wasn’t allowed to go.” He was also “upset” when he then saw Pascoe use the bathroom herself after take-off.
Birmingham Mail reports Tabberner said: “I was dying to go to the toilet — I was literally bursting. When I saw her go to the toilet I thought it was OK for me to get up as well and decided to wait outside. I was upset and confused when she came out but I wasn’t aggressive towards her. I went back to my seat. I was shocked when they said the flight was turning back. I turned round and apologised to the other passengers.”
Tabberner and the other travelers with him were escorted off the plane when it landed back in Birmingham.
Tabberner’s threatening actions caused Pascoe to resign from her job at Flybe.
On Monday, Tabberner appeared in court for his trial, where he was found guilty of “behaving in a threatening, abusive and insulting manner,” states the Daily Mail. The judge indicated that Tabberner’s “actions had a serious financial impact for the company Flybe and a huge impact on Miss Pascoe who gave up her career due to this incident.”
Tabberner was fined £500 and forced to pay Pascoe £500. He was also ordered to pay the court fees of £500 and a £50 surcharge.
H/T: Birmingham Mail
Featured image by Flybe/Facebook.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees