Deal Alert: Air New Zealand Cyber Monday Sale With Fares From $493 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Now through 11:59pm Pacific Time Monday, Air New Zealand is running an excellent Cyber Monday sale, offering $400 off economy and premium economy flights and $1,000 off business-class flights. Some of the deals we’re seeing include flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to the Cook Islands (RAR) for only $496 round-trip — quite the steal, as this route is usually twice that price or more! Hawaii-based travelers can get all the way to Auckland (AKL) for the same $496 round-trip. Air New Zealand’s fifth-freedom route from Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) is also on sale and priced at just $493 round-trip.
Although not as spectacular as the deal we saw this morning, there are also round-trips from the US mainland to New Zealand for under $800 round-trip or Australia for under $900 round-trip.
Availability depends on the route, but some discounts range from December 1, 2017 to October 31, 2018. Google Flights isn’t loading the best rates for all routes, so this deal is one in which you may want to check directly with the airline itself. Although, some deals are bookable through Orbitz and Expedia.
Airlines: Air New Zealand
Routes: LAX/HNL/SFO/IAH to RAR/LHR/AKL
Cost: $493+ round-trip in economy
Dates: December 2017 to October 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) for $493 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Rarotonga, Cook Islands (RAR) for $496 round-trip nonstop:
Honolulu (HNL) to Auckland (AKL) for $496 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Auckland (AKL) for $795 round-trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to Auckland (AKL) for $796 round-trip nonstop:
Houston (IAH) to Auckland (AKL) for $894 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below.
Featured image by @PATRICKBRITT via Twenty20
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees