6 Airlines Moving Terminals at LGA in December — and It Could Cause a Headache for Travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) isn’t known for its gleaming terminals nor for ease of traveling. In fact, it’s known for the exact opposite. In an effort to turn around its image, LaGuardia’s undergoing a $4 billion makeover. But, before the airport becomes a modern, efficient facility, travelers should expect some rough patches, such as when six airlines get new home terminals on December 9, 2017.
As of that date, six airlines — American Airlines, American Shuttle, Delta Shuttle, JetBlue, Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines — will play musical terminals at LGA.
Here’s how each of the terminals will break down as of December 9, 2017:
- Terminal A: Alaska and JetBlue
- Terminal B: Air Canada, American, American Shuttle, Southwest and United
- Terminal C: Delta, Delta Shuttle, Frontier departures and Spirit departures
- Terminal D: Delta, Frontier arrivals, Spirit arrivals and WestJet
In an October announcement, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey said that the terminal moves will help to streamline operations and enhance the customer experience.
If you’re traveling through LGA on or after December 9, 2017, be sure to keep these terminal changes in mind. The moves could cause some confusion, and as a result, the Port Authority is advising travelers to allow for more travel time. In addition, you should check the information for your flight prior to heading to the airport so you know exactly where to go.
Featured image by JasonDoiy / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees