6 Airlines Moving Terminals at LGA in December — and It Could Cause a Headache for Travelers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) isn’t known for its gleaming terminals nor for ease of traveling. In fact, it’s known for the exact opposite. In an effort to turn around its image, LaGuardia’s undergoing a $4 billion makeover. But, before the airport becomes a modern, efficient facility, travelers should expect some rough patches, such as when six airlines get new home terminals on December 9, 2017.
As of that date, six airlines — American Airlines, American Shuttle, Delta Shuttle, JetBlue, Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines — will play musical terminals at LGA.
Here’s how each of the terminals will break down as of December 9, 2017:
- Terminal A: Alaska and JetBlue
- Terminal B: Air Canada, American, American Shuttle, Southwest and United
- Terminal C: Delta, Delta Shuttle, Frontier departures and Spirit departures
- Terminal D: Delta, Frontier arrivals, Spirit arrivals and WestJet
In an October announcement, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey said that the terminal moves will help to streamline operations and enhance the customer experience.
If you’re traveling through LGA on or after December 9, 2017, be sure to keep these terminal changes in mind. The moves could cause some confusion, and as a result, the Port Authority is advising travelers to allow for more travel time. In addition, you should check the information for your flight prior to heading to the airport so you know exactly where to go.
Featured image by JasonDoiy / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.