This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For one-day only, you can earn bonus Delta miles on many Apple purchases. Monday’s elevated Apple bonus offer through the SkyMiles shopping portal will earn you 4 miles per dollar spent on select Apple purchases as opposed to the standard offer of 1 mile per dollar.
In order to be eligible for the one-day elevated offer, you must make your qualifying Apple purchases through the SkyMiles shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and TV 4K are not eligible for the offer. In addition, the terms state that some newly released products may not be eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible for the bonus include gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping.
This is a nice elevated offer from Delta and Apple — especially as we head toward the busy holiday shopping season. For example, if you buy an iPhone 8 Plus for $949, a set of AirPods for $159 and an iPad mini 4 for $399, you’d walk away with 6,028 SkyMiles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those bonus miles are worth $72.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Featured image by Greg Baker / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees