This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As if the Chase Sapphire Reserve wasn’t compelling enough for earning 3x points on travel, Chase’s premium travel card just got even better for Uber and Lyft users. By paying for your ride with a digital wallet, you’ll earn a total of 4x points on rides:
In addition to the typical 3x Ultimate Rewards points on travel purchases, you’ll get an additional 1x point for paying with a digital wallet. Eligible digital wallets include Chase Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
This 4x offering isn’t limited to Uber and Lyft either. Any travel purchases that you can pay for with your Chase Sapphire Reserve through one of these digital wallets will earn you a total of 4x Ultimate Rewards points — a return of 8.8% on your Uber spending, based on TPG’s latest valuations.
This offer is good only on the first $1,500 of purchases, and only for a limited time. The 1x bonus point per dollar offer only runs through November 4:
A great long-term card for Uber users is The Platinum Card from American Express. In addition to the great 60,000-point sign-up bonus, you’ll get up to $200 in Uber credits per year from the card. That perk is in addition to 5x points on air travel purchases, $200 in airline fee credits, Priority Pass and Delta lounge access, Global Entry fee reimbursement and so much more.
Is this 4x offer good enough for you to change payment platforms?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®