An Epic Hotel Fail, Delta’s Hiring Spree, United’s Never-Ending 747 Goodbye and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: The Platinum Card® from American Express
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
As a super frequent traveler, you definitely learn to roll with the punches. But this week TPG had a horrible experience at the Renaissance Philadelphia Airport and was almost “walked” from the property when there were supposedly no rooms available. It’s especially concerning because he is both a Marriott Platinum member as well as a Starwood Ambassador and Lifetime Platinum member.
Delta shared this week that it’s hiring more than 1,000 flight attendants, but before you fill out an application, make sure you know what the position entails.
United’s retiring the Boeing 747 next month, but not before the Queen of the Skies takes a couple more victory laps. TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig caught up with the aircraft at Newark (EWR) this week.
With so many premium credit card choices on the market, it can be stressful to pick one that’s right for you. Here are five top reasons the Platinum Card from American Express is worth your hard-earned cash.
Singapore Airlines announced Thursday that it’s debuting its new A380 aircraft with all-new cabins on its Singapore (SIN) to Sydney (SYD) route in December 2017.
The opportunity to earn Starpoints on Uber rides, which Starwood and Uber have offered since 2015, is coming to an end, but the reason for terminating the partnership is unclear.
Azerbaijan Airlines isn’t historically known for its extensive route network, premium product, state-of-the art fleet and stellar service. But the addition of the Dreamliner, one of the most modern aircraft in the world, marks a major change for the airline. Find out if the airline has what it takes to compete in TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt’s full review.
The long-awaited Uber Visa Card will be available on November 2, 2017 and one major highlight of the card is the ability to earn 4% cashback on restaurants, takeout and bars, including UberEats.
In other news…
Earn 3,000 Bonus Points with the Club Carlson App
Club Carlson is offering a promotion that makes it very easy to score 3,000 bonus points. All you have to do to is download the Club Carlson app and make your first purchase with one of the chain’s “Extra Partners” by December 31, 2017.
Delta is Tweaking Partner Mileage Earning Rates in 2018
Come January 1, 2018, Delta’s changing the way you’ll earn SkyMiles on some of its partners. Some changes are positive, while others are negative.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees