Inside Delta’s A350, Air Berlin Goes Out In Style, A New Cashback Card and More
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
Step on board Delta’s brand-new Airbus A350 to get an exclusive inside look at the carrier’s new Delta One Suite, Premium Select and economy cabins.
The pilots of the Air Berlin’s last transatlantic flight pulled a sharp left turn just before landing, flying next to the air traffic control tower. This week, the airline announced that it would be suspending both pilots after the stunt.
The Capital One Savor Card Cash Rewards Credit Card is an appealing option for foodies who want to score a bigger return on dining out and grocery purchases. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Before this week, Delta had only shared plans to fly its new A350 to destinations in Asia. Now, in addition to Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul, Delta’s flagship plane will begin flying to Amsterdam (AMS) next year.
Qantas is following the lead of Delta and United and will start phasing out its 747s. The airline hopes to replace the Queen of the Skies with its new 787-9 Dreamliners on its flights to LAX and JFK.
TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt had the chance to tour (and fly) El Al’s new Boeing 787 Dreamliner this week. Will the new aircraft help Israel’s flag carrier become competitive again?
One day before the latest iteration of the Trump administration’s travel ban was to take effect, a federal judge in Maryland granted an injunction blocking it, saying it was clearly targeted toward Muslims.
In other news…
Airberlin Leaving Oneworld Alliance as of October 28
Airberlin will no longer be participating in the Oneworld alliance once they close business on October 27. The withdrawal means that a dozen destinations will be leaving the alliance’s global network.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees