How JetBlue is Helping Puerto Rico, Points and Miles Checklist, October Valuations and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
Get an inside look at JetBlue’s “Care Center” at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU). The airline quickly sprung into action after Hurricane Maria devastated the island, and the center has been distributing necessities to its SJU-based employees as well as to the greater San Juan community.
We’re getting closer to the end of the year, so now is the perfect time to make sure you’re on track to end it in a good place in terms of your points and miles. Here’s a rundown of the top award tasks you need to complete to make sure you’re maximizing your loyalty portfolio moving into 2018.
Find out what your points and miles are worth this month in TPG’s October valuations.
This week, Amex opened its brand-new Centurion Lounge at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). TPG reader Peter Madden was one of the first guests to arrive, and sent along some photos and impressions from his opening-day visit.
Originally offered from February through early April, the increased sign-up bonus of up to 35,000 points is back for the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express. But you don’t have long to jump on this offer — it’s only available through November 1, 2017.
Read TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt’s full review of Southwest’s inaugural 737 MAX 8 flight between Dallas and Houston.
American Express is expanding its popular and often very crowded Miami International Airport (MIA) Centurion Lounge so it’ll be able to accommodate more passengers and offer more amenities.
In other news…
Save $50 When You Spend $300 or More at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place Hotels
Now through January 1, 2018, you can save $50 when you spend at least $300 on your Hyatt Credit Card at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place properties — register for this promotion so you can take advantage of the savings.
American Airlines Adds Flights From Philadelphia to Several New Markets
American Airlines shared this week that it will be adding flights from its Philadelphia (PHL) hub to San Antonio (SAT) as of February 15, 2018, and then to Des Moines (DSM), Madison (MSN) and Omaha (OMA) as of May 4, 2018.
Earn up to 1,500 Bonus Miles Through United MileagePlus Shopping
Now through October 13, you can earn up to 1,500 bonus miles when you shop through United’s online shopping portal. It’s a tiered bonus offer — if you spend $150, you’ll earn 350 bonus miles and if you spend $350, you’ll earn the full 1,500. You can sign up for the promotion here.
Featured image by Zach Honig.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees