This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I recently had the honor of attending the inaugural Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeepers event, which aims to do good both domestically and abroad by expanding educational opportunities, enhancing worldwide healthcare and reducing extreme poverty. The organization is teaming up with some of the world’s most influential people to help advance progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals — otherwise known as the Global Goals — which 193 countries committed to achieving two years ago. The lineup featured President Barack Obama, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Her Majesty and UN Secretary-General Special Advocate Queen Máxima of the Netherlands and Nobel Peace Prize winners Leymah Gbowee and Malala Yousafzai, among others.
The event highlighted the inspiring role that local women’s organizations and movements have played in driving progress and fighting inequality. And yet, some of the leading women’s organizations and movements around the world sadly remain unrecognized and underfunded. So, I’m pledging to donate five million miles. If you’re part of a local or grassroots non-profit organization or movement in the global south that strives to improve the lives of women and girls — and could use the points and miles — I want to hear from you. Visit thepointsguy.com/goalkeepers and fill out the information for your organization or campaign. I want to hear what your organization does and how it would use the points and miles to make a difference. If your organization is selected as one of the recipients of the points and miles, I’ll work with you on how to best maximize them for your needs.
By showcasing the value that points and miles can have for global good, I’m convinced that we, as points and miles enthusiasts, can help make a difference.
“Our challenges are real. They’ll take time to solve. But each of us can make a difference, and all of us ought to try,” said President Obama. “That’s what I believe, that’s what the ‘Goalkeepers’ believe, and I am certain that if we all keep pushing forward, the world will make even more progress in the years to come.”
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees