This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pittsburgh International Airport has been on a roll recently. Besides increased service from airlines, the airport has piloted a new program that allows non-travelers to access the terminal. Most impressive, though, is the fact that the airport is slated to get a brand-new, $1 billion terminal. Now, members of the Priority Pass network that are traveling through the airport have a new spot to enjoy complimentary drinks, food, Wi-Fi and more before their flights.
The Club at Pittsburgh International Airport opened in a permanent location in the airport’s Concourse C on October 12. When guests visit the new 1,800 square foot lounge, they will be welcomed by artwork from local Pittsburgh photographer JP Diroll, whose photography highlights unique areas within the city’s industrial region. Lounge-goers can enjoy a new menu designed with input from Kate Romane, a local chef at the popular Black Radish Kitchen. Guests will also be offered all-inclusive premium spirits, beer, wine and sodas as well as light snacks, soups and salads. In addition, guests will have access to other typical lounge amenities like computers, printers, workspaces and, of course, free Wi-Fi.
Access to The Club at Pittsburgh International Airport is complimentary for members of Priority Pass, LoungeKey, Lounge Club and Diners Club International. Many premium travel rewards cards offer complimentary Priority Pass membership to cardholders, including The Platinum Card from American Express, the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Prestige and more. If you’re not a member in any of those lounge networks, you’ll be able to purchase a one-time access pass for $40.
Featured image courtesy of Airport Lounge Development Inc.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees