Norwegian Adds an American Athlete to the Tailfin of Its 20th Dreamliner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Norwegian has adorned one of its Dreamliner aircraft with the Babe. The carrier’s latest Boeing 787 aircraft (the 20th in its fleet) is the first of its type to feature an American on the tailfin.
The Boeing 787, registration G-CKMU, was delivered from Boeing’s Charleston factory to Norwegian’s hub airport Oslo (OSL) on Friday. With the addition of Babe Ruth to the Dreamliner’s tail, the carrier now has two American figures adorning its aircraft. In July, Norwegian announced that it added Ben Franklin as the first American on one of its Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
Babe Ruth joins an exclusive group of Scandinavian and British figures on Norwegian’s tailfins. The new Dreamliner with Ruth makes sense, as Norwegian continues expanding its footprint and route network in the US. The carrier, which operates a fleet of Dreamliners and 737 MAX 8s on its transatlantic routes, is one of the leaders in the low-cost long-haul sector.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.