Norwegian Adds an American Athlete to the Tailfin of Its 20th Dreamliner
Norwegian has adorned one of its Dreamliner aircraft with the Babe. The carrier’s latest Boeing 787 aircraft (the 20th in its fleet) is the first of its type to feature an American on the tailfin.
The Boeing 787, registration G-CKMU, was delivered from Boeing’s Charleston factory to Norwegian’s hub airport Oslo (OSL) on Friday. With the addition of Babe Ruth to the Dreamliner’s tail, the carrier now has two American figures adorning its aircraft. In July, Norwegian announced that it added Ben Franklin as the first American on one of its Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
Babe Ruth joins an exclusive group of Scandinavian and British figures on Norwegian’s tailfins. The new Dreamliner with Ruth makes sense, as Norwegian continues expanding its footprint and route network in the US. The carrier, which operates a fleet of Dreamliners and 737 MAX 8s on its transatlantic routes, is one of the leaders in the low-cost long-haul sector.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees