Earn Bonus United Miles on Holiday Shopping Portal Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s offering MileagePlus members the opportunity to earn bonus miles when doing holiday shopping online. Between Monday, October 30, and Sunday, November 19, 2017, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn bonus miles on your shopping purchases through the MileagePlus shopping portal.
- If you spend $150 or more, you’ll earn 500 bonus United miles
- If you spend $750 or more, you’ll earn 2,500 bonus United miles
- If you spend $1,500 or more, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus United miles
These bonuses of 500, 2,500 or 5,000 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. The number of bonus miles you earn will depend on the cumulative total of purchases you make during the promotional period. So, if you make four purchases of $500 each, all during the promotional period, you’ll get the 5,000 bonus United miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 5,000 bonus miles are worth $75 — a pretty good return on your holiday purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this promotion by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.