This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s offering MileagePlus members the opportunity to earn bonus miles when doing holiday shopping online. Between Monday, October 30, and Sunday, November 19, 2017, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn bonus miles on your shopping purchases through the MileagePlus shopping portal.
- If you spend $150 or more, you’ll earn 500 bonus United miles
- If you spend $750 or more, you’ll earn 2,500 bonus United miles
- If you spend $1,500 or more, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus United miles
These bonuses of 500, 2,500 or 5,000 miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent through the shopping portal. The number of bonus miles you earn will depend on the cumulative total of purchases you make during the promotional period. So, if you make four purchases of $500 each, all during the promotional period, you’ll get the 5,000 bonus United miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 5,000 bonus miles are worth $75 — a pretty good return on your holiday purchases.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this promotion by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards