Lyft to Offer Stranger Things Rides in Select Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to grow out a bowl cut, don a puffy vest and defrost all your Eggos: Stranger Things is coming back, and, thanks to Lyft, you can experience a journey to the Upside Down without getting turned into a Barb-like extra-dimensional mucous cocoon.
Continuing its tradition of theme weekends, the ride-share service is introducing two-day-only Stranger Things rides in Philadelphia and Los Angeles that will feature scary lighting and sound effects, seats controlled “telekinetically” by a malevolent entity, and a driver who vomits out slugs. (Because slug-vomiting drivers is where we’re at as a society now, apparently.) Passengers who survive this Grand Guignol of ’80s flashbacks will earn a free Eggo waffle at the end, because Lyft knows that flash-frozen, preformed batter patties make paying to be treated like a bunny on United totally worth it.
If you’re in the US but not in LA or Philly, you can opt for a much milder form of Stranger Thingery and cover the car icons on your Lyft map with trucker hats, Christmas lights or, you guessed it, waffles. The app-only “Strange” mode will be available on Oct. 26 and 27 from 6am to 6pm local times, while Angelenos and Philadelphians who turn on the mode on Oct. 27 and 28 between 4pm and 9pm will get a chance to picked up by a vehicle with the thrills-packed version in all its stomach-churning glory.
Before you go, be sure to check out Lyft’s YouTube preview (below) and make sure you’re not signing up for your personal equivalent of facing down the Demogorgon. (You could say that the LA and Philly rides get turned to Eleven, but then you’d deserve to be brain-smushed like Agent Frazier.)
Stranger Things season two debuts on Netflix on Oct. 27.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.