Lyft to Offer Stranger Things Rides in Select Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to grow out a bowl cut, don a puffy vest and defrost all your Eggos: Stranger Things is coming back, and, thanks to Lyft, you can experience a journey to the Upside Down without getting turned into a Barb-like extra-dimensional mucous cocoon.
Continuing its tradition of theme weekends, the ride-share service is introducing two-day-only Stranger Things rides in Philadelphia and Los Angeles that will feature scary lighting and sound effects, seats controlled “telekinetically” by a malevolent entity, and a driver who vomits out slugs. (Because slug-vomiting drivers is where we’re at as a society now, apparently.) Passengers who survive this Grand Guignol of ’80s flashbacks will earn a free Eggo waffle at the end, because Lyft knows that flash-frozen, preformed batter patties make paying to be treated like a bunny on United totally worth it.
If you’re in the US but not in LA or Philly, you can opt for a much milder form of Stranger Thingery and cover the car icons on your Lyft map with trucker hats, Christmas lights or, you guessed it, waffles. The app-only “Strange” mode will be available on Oct. 26 and 27 from 6am to 6pm local times, while Angelenos and Philadelphians who turn on the mode on Oct. 27 and 28 between 4pm and 9pm will get a chance to picked up by a vehicle with the thrills-packed version in all its stomach-churning glory.
Before you go, be sure to check out Lyft’s YouTube preview (below) and make sure you’re not signing up for your personal equivalent of facing down the Demogorgon. (You could say that the LA and Philly rides get turned to Eleven, but then you’d deserve to be brain-smushed like Agent Frazier.)
Stranger Things season two debuts on Netflix on Oct. 27.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees