Last Chance: Amex Starwood Business Sign-Up Bonus Worth $945
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you’ve been putting off the application for the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express, you’re almost out of time. In order to get the special 35,000 sign-up bonus, you must apply for the card by Wednesday, November 1.
Here’s how the limited-time offer is structured: You’ll earn 25,000 Starpoints after you spend $6,000 on the card in the first three months from account opening. To maximize the bonus, you’ll need to spend another $4,000 in the first six months to earn an additional 10,000 Starpoints. That means you’ll need to spend $10,000 for 35,000 points total.
In a time when 50,000-point sign-up bonuses seem to be the new minimum, 35,000 points may sound a little low, especially for $10,000 in spending. But at 2.7 cents per point, Starpoints are the most valuable currency on TPG’s points/miles valuation list. That means the 35,000-point sign-up bonus is worth around $945.
Thanks to the 1:3 transfer ratio between Starwood and Marriott, you can also think of this sign-up bonus as 105,000 Marriott points — which puts you even closer to those super valuable Hotel + Air packages that get you a 7-night hotel stay plus airline miles.
While the $10,000 combined spending requirement is steep, this card offers a solid return on non-bonus spending. Based on TPG valuations, only the Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express offers a better return on general spending. Even if you spend all $10,000 on non-bonus spending, you’ll end up with more than a 12% return: 45,000 points (worth $1,215) from $10,000 spending.
Card Features and Benefits
This card earns you two Starpoints per dollar at Starwood (and now Marriott) properties and one point per dollar everywhere else. There’s a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, plus no foreign transaction fees. Also, this card offers Sheraton Club access with eligible rates and discounts with FedEx, Hertz and more through the Amex OPEN Savings program.
Not to mention the boost toward Starwood Preferred Guest elite status. The card offers two- stay credits and five night credits each year toward status, and if you spend $30,000 in a calendar year, you’ll be upgraded to Starwood Preferred Guest gold status. If you do earn SPG status, make sure to match it to Marriott Rewards to enjoy perks across both programs.
Featured image by the JW Marriott Cancun.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees