Last Chance to Earn up to 35k Points With the Starwood Business Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For the last month or so, the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express has been offering an elevated welcome bonus of 35,000 Starpoints. While this involves meeting two spending requirements ($6,000 in the first three months to earn 25,000 points and $4,000 within the first six months to earn the additional 10,000), it represents a 10,000-point increase over the standard offer for this card. If you’re interested, you only have a short time left to act; the increased bonus ends on Wednesday, November 1.
Based on TPG’s valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945. If you’ve been eying any redemptions through Marriott Rewards, keep in mind that you can also move Starpoints over to that program at a 1:3 ratio, meaning the welcome bonus could get you 105,000 points to use toward a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton award stay.
In addition to getting you a nice amount of Starpoints thanks to this elevated bonus, the Starwood Business Amex earns you 2 points per dollar (a 5.4% return) on spending at Starwood and Marriott properties and 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Other benefits include five night and two stay credits toward SPG elite status each year, complimentary Boingo access on up to four devices and free premium in-room internet access on eligible stays. Unlike the personal Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, the business version also offers access to Sheraton Clubs with eligible rates as well as discounts with FedEx, Hertz and other vendors through the Amex OPEN Savings program. This card has a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, and no foreign transaction fees.
We don’t know what welcome offer will replace the current bonus once it ends in a few days, though it will likely be the standard 25,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. So if you’re interested in adding this card to your wallet and can meet both tiers of the spending requirement to earn the full 35,000 points, make sure you apply by Wednesday, November 1!
Featured image courtesy of the St. Regis Bora Bora.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees