Last Chance to Earn up to 35k Points With the Starwood Business Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For the last month or so, the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express has been offering an elevated welcome bonus of 35,000 Starpoints. While this involves meeting two spending requirements ($6,000 in the first three months to earn 25,000 points and $4,000 within the first six months to earn the additional 10,000), it represents a 10,000-point increase over the standard offer for this card. If you’re interested, you only have a short time left to act; the increased bonus ends on Wednesday, November 1.
Based on TPG’s valuations, 35,000 Starpoints are worth $945. If you’ve been eying any redemptions through Marriott Rewards, keep in mind that you can also move Starpoints over to that program at a 1:3 ratio, meaning the welcome bonus could get you 105,000 points to use toward a Marriott or Ritz-Carlton award stay.
In addition to getting you a nice amount of Starpoints thanks to this elevated bonus, the Starwood Business Amex earns you 2 points per dollar (a 5.4% return) on spending at Starwood and Marriott properties and 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Other benefits include five night and two stay credits toward SPG elite status each year, complimentary Boingo access on up to four devices and free premium in-room internet access on eligible stays. Unlike the personal Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, the business version also offers access to Sheraton Clubs with eligible rates as well as discounts with FedEx, Hertz and other vendors through the Amex OPEN Savings program. This card has a $95 annual fee that’s waived the first year, and no foreign transaction fees.
We don’t know what welcome offer will replace the current bonus once it ends in a few days, though it will likely be the standard 25,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. So if you’re interested in adding this card to your wallet and can meet both tiers of the spending requirement to earn the full 35,000 points, make sure you apply by Wednesday, November 1!
Featured image courtesy of the St. Regis Bora Bora.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.