Act Fast: Giveaways Galore at the TPG Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
When we launched the private Facebook group TPG Lounge this summer we had no idea how fast it would grow. Today, amazingly, it has more than 20,000 members. It’s not only a meeting point for readers to connect in incredible ways (like getting the United Way to donate one million pounds of food to hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico), but it also serves as a resource for the travel tips, tricks and hacks you love.
To celebrate our membership milestones, TPG himself kicked off a special ongoing audience giveaway during his Facebook Live yesterday.
Here’s how you can get in on the action: First, you have to join the TPG Lounge. Then, complete the tasks below by 11:59pm ET on Sunday, October 29. Read on for a list of prizes and find out how you can be eligible to win.
1) Prize: One member will receive a set of Concorde Globe Trotter Luggage — some of TPG’s favorite travel gear.
- Share your favorite unknown or secret travel tip in this TPG Lounge thread.
- The tip that gets the most likes by 11:59pm ET Sunday 10/29 wins.
2) Prize: TPG will pay five TPG Lounge members’ $550 annual AMEX Platinum card fees.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge thread with your favorite Amex Platinum perk — whether that’s the $200 Uber credit, Centurion Lounge access or 5x points on airfare and hotels.
- In your comment, make sure to upload a picture of your card, and don’t forget to hide the card numbers.
3) Prize: Five lounge members will win swag bags full of TPG-branded travel gear, like portable chargers, pop sockets and more.
This is your sneak peek at the new line of TPG gear that will be available for purchase later this fall.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge thread with a fun phrase to finish the sentence, “You know you’re a points dork when…” Warning: This may get made into a shirt in the future!
- Make the comment funny or cheeky. For example, “You know you’re a points dork when: you check your frequent flyer accounts more than your bank account.”
4) Prize: TPG himself will take you and eight of your friends out to dinner.
- Upload a picture of your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve — the best credit cards to use for dining purchases — onto Instagram.
- Make sure to include the hashtag: #TPGDinnerParty, tag ThePointsGuy and follow ThePointsGuy on Instagram.
- Add a funny or cheeky caption.
- Include a picture of your card, and don’t forget to hide the card numbers.
5) Prize: Five Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card cardholders will get a $100 Visa gift card.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge post with a picture of your card and tell us what you did with your 50,000 point signup bonus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees