Act Fast: Giveaways Galore at the TPG Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
When we launched the private Facebook group TPG Lounge this summer we had no idea how fast it would grow. Today, amazingly, it has more than 20,000 members. It’s not only a meeting point for readers to connect in incredible ways (like getting the United Way to donate one million pounds of food to hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico), but it also serves as a resource for the travel tips, tricks and hacks you love.
To celebrate our membership milestones, TPG himself kicked off a special ongoing audience giveaway during his Facebook Live yesterday.
Here’s how you can get in on the action: First, you have to join the TPG Lounge. Then, complete the tasks below by 11:59pm ET on Sunday, October 29. Read on for a list of prizes and find out how you can be eligible to win.
1) Prize: One member will receive a set of Concorde Globe Trotter Luggage — some of TPG’s favorite travel gear.
- Share your favorite unknown or secret travel tip in this TPG Lounge thread.
- The tip that gets the most likes by 11:59pm ET Sunday 10/29 wins.
2) Prize: TPG will pay five TPG Lounge members’ $550 annual AMEX Platinum card fees.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge thread with your favorite Amex Platinum perk — whether that’s the $200 Uber credit, Centurion Lounge access or 5x points on airfare and hotels.
- In your comment, make sure to upload a picture of your card, and don’t forget to hide the card numbers.
3) Prize: Five lounge members will win swag bags full of TPG-branded travel gear, like portable chargers, pop sockets and more.
This is your sneak peek at the new line of TPG gear that will be available for purchase later this fall.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge thread with a fun phrase to finish the sentence, “You know you’re a points dork when…” Warning: This may get made into a shirt in the future!
- Make the comment funny or cheeky. For example, “You know you’re a points dork when: you check your frequent flyer accounts more than your bank account.”
4) Prize: TPG himself will take you and eight of your friends out to dinner.
- Upload a picture of your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve — the best credit cards to use for dining purchases — onto Instagram.
- Make sure to include the hashtag: #TPGDinnerParty, tag ThePointsGuy and follow ThePointsGuy on Instagram.
- Add a funny or cheeky caption.
- Include a picture of your card, and don’t forget to hide the card numbers.
5) Prize: Five Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card cardholders will get a $100 Visa gift card.
- Comment on this TPG Lounge post with a picture of your card and tell us what you did with your 50,000 point signup bonus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.