This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue’s offering a one-day Halloween flash sale with fares from $30 one-way and $60 round-trip. In order to get these discounted fares, you must book by the end of Wednesday at 11:59pm ET or local time. Travel must be completed between October 27 and November 4, 2017.
The highlight of this flash sale is the transcontinental route from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Long Beach (LGB) for just $30 one-way or $60 round-trip. That’s right, $60 round-trip for cross-country travel! Most of the fares as part of this flash sale are at the same $30/$60 level, however, some international routes are a bit higher. The lowest fares we found for international travel start at $44 one-way or $174 round-trip between Orlando (MCO) and Nassau (NAS).
There are a number of cities included in this flash sale, so it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $30+ one-way, $60+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October 27 – November 4, 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Boston (BOS) for $30 one-way / $60 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Savannah (SAV) for $30 one-way / $60 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Long Beach (LGB) for $30 one-way / $60 round-trip:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $30 one-way / $60 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Fort Myers (RSW) for $30 one-way / $60 round-trip:
Orlando (MCO) to Nassau (NAS) for $44 one-way / $174 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards