This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue is making it easy to travel for cheap this fall. The carrier’s promoting one of its two-day flash sales for fall travel, this time with fares starting at $39 one-way and $78 round-trip. In order to take advantage of these reduced fares, you must book by October 5 at the earlier of 11:59pm ET or local time. Some of these flash sale fares are for travel around the Thanksgiving holiday, which could be worth taking advantage of if the dates work for you.
The terms and conditions state that you must travel between October 17 and December 14, 2017, however, we found some dates with low fares beyond that window. In addition the terms state that there are blackout dates for all cities between November 16 and 28, and for New York only (JFK, LGA, EWR and HPN), there are blackout dates between November 7 and 13.
There are a number of cities included in this flash sale, so it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $39+ one-way, $78+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October – December 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New Orleans (MSY) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $39 one-way in October:
New Orleans (MSY) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 1,900 points + $5.60 one-way in October:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Chicago (ORD) for $43 one-way in December:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $44 one-way in November:
Boston (BOS) to Atlanta (ATL) for $57 one-way in November:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $58 one-way in November:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (PLS) for $68 one-way in November:
New Orleans (MSY) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $78 round-trip in November:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Chicago (ORD) for $86 round-trip in October:
New York (LGA) to Boston (BOS) for $96 round-trip in October:
Baltimore (BWI) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $106 round-trip in November:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Long Beach (LGB) for $106 round-trip in November:
New York (JFK) to Washington, D.C. (IAD) for $126 round-trip in December:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image by Dave and Les Jacobs / Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees