Earn Double SkyMiles and Medallion Qualifying Miles for Hilton Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton and Delta have teamed up to make it easier to earn some bonus SkyMiles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) on your next Hilton stay. With the partnership between the two, you can earn double SkyMiles and 250 MQMs on every Hilton stay of two nights or more through December 31, 2017.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 MQMs as part of this offer. To earn that many MQMs, you would need to stay 80 nights, or 40 two-night stays, by the end of the year. Your qualifying two-night stay must be completed by December 31, 2017, in order to be eligible for the 250 bonus MQMs.
In order to take advantage and begin earning your MQMs, you’ll need to register for the promotion on the Hilton Honors website. You’ll need to select Delta as your Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton account. Then, once you’ve registered and selected Delta as your preferred airline partner, you’ll just have to complete a stay of at least two nights in order to earn the 250 MQMs.
Note that your checkout date must be before December 31, 2017, in order to qualify, and you must register for the promotion prior to check-in.
This isn’t the first time that Delta and Hilton have teamed together to offer members of both programs the opportunity to earn bonus miles and MQMs. In fact, the two offered Delta flyers and Honors members the chance to earn benefits every year since 2011.
While it rarely makes sense to choose a Points & Miles partner over a Points & Points earning strategy, this promotion could make sense — especially if you’re using it to lock in Delta status by the end of the year. With the promotion, you’ll be earning MQMs as well as double SkyMiles to be used toward future redemptions. Ultimately, whether or not it makes sense to switch to forgo 5 extra Honors points per dollar spent in favor of the bonus Delta miles will vary on a case-by-case basis. However, if you’re nearing qualification for elite status, this could be a great way to lock in those last few MQMs.
Featured image of the Hilton Phuket.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees