This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton and Delta have teamed up to make it easier to earn some bonus SkyMiles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) on your next Hilton stay. With the partnership between the two, you can earn double SkyMiles and 250 MQMs on every Hilton stay of two nights or more through December 31, 2017.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 MQMs as part of this offer. To earn that many MQMs, you would need to stay 80 nights, or 40 two-night stays, by the end of the year. Your qualifying two-night stay must be completed by December 31, 2017, in order to be eligible for the 250 bonus MQMs.
In order to take advantage and begin earning your MQMs, you’ll need to register for the promotion on the Hilton Honors website. You’ll need to select Delta as your Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton account. Then, once you’ve registered and selected Delta as your preferred airline partner, you’ll just have to complete a stay of at least two nights in order to earn the 250 MQMs.
Note that your checkout date must be before December 31, 2017, in order to qualify, and you must register for the promotion prior to check-in.
This isn’t the first time that Delta and Hilton have teamed together to offer members of both programs the opportunity to earn bonus miles and MQMs. In fact, the two offered Delta flyers and Honors members the chance to earn benefits every year since 2011.
While it rarely makes sense to choose a Points & Miles partner over a Points & Points earning strategy, this promotion could make sense — especially if you’re using it to lock in Delta status by the end of the year. With the promotion, you’ll be earning MQMs as well as double SkyMiles to be used toward future redemptions. Ultimately, whether or not it makes sense to switch to forgo 5 extra Honors points per dollar spent in favor of the bonus Delta miles will vary on a case-by-case basis. However, if you’re nearing qualification for elite status, this could be a great way to lock in those last few MQMs.
Featured image of the Hilton Phuket.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards