Earn Double SkyMiles and Medallion Qualifying Miles for Hilton Stays
Hilton and Delta have teamed up to make it easier to earn some bonus SkyMiles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) on your next Hilton stay. With the partnership between the two, you can earn double SkyMiles and 250 MQMs on every Hilton stay of two nights or more through December 31, 2017.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 MQMs as part of this offer. To earn that many MQMs, you would need to stay 80 nights, or 40 two-night stays, by the end of the year. Your qualifying two-night stay must be completed by December 31, 2017, in order to be eligible for the 250 bonus MQMs.
In order to take advantage and begin earning your MQMs, you’ll need to register for the promotion on the Hilton Honors website. You’ll need to select Delta as your Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton account. Then, once you’ve registered and selected Delta as your preferred airline partner, you’ll just have to complete a stay of at least two nights in order to earn the 250 MQMs.
Note that your checkout date must be before December 31, 2017, in order to qualify, and you must register for the promotion prior to check-in.
This isn’t the first time that Delta and Hilton have teamed together to offer members of both programs the opportunity to earn bonus miles and MQMs. In fact, the two offered Delta flyers and Honors members the chance to earn benefits every year since 2011.
While it rarely makes sense to choose a Points & Miles partner over a Points & Points earning strategy, this promotion could make sense — especially if you’re using it to lock in Delta status by the end of the year. With the promotion, you’ll be earning MQMs as well as double SkyMiles to be used toward future redemptions. Ultimately, whether or not it makes sense to switch to forgo 5 extra Honors points per dollar spent in favor of the bonus Delta miles will vary on a case-by-case basis. However, if you’re nearing qualification for elite status, this could be a great way to lock in those last few MQMs.
Featured image of the Hilton Phuket.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees