This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton and Delta have teamed up to make it easier to earn some bonus SkyMiles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) on your next Hilton stay. With the partnership between the two, you can earn double SkyMiles and 250 MQMs on every Hilton stay of two nights or more through December 31, 2017.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 MQMs as part of this offer. To earn that many MQMs, you would need to stay 80 nights, or 40 two-night stays, by the end of the year. Your qualifying two-night stay must be completed by December 31, 2017, in order to be eligible for the 250 bonus MQMs.
In order to take advantage and begin earning your MQMs, you’ll need to register for the promotion on the Hilton Honors website. You’ll need to select Delta as your Double Dip Points & Miles Partner in your Hilton account. Then, once you’ve registered and selected Delta as your preferred airline partner, you’ll just have to complete a stay of at least two nights in order to earn the 250 MQMs.
Note that your checkout date must be before December 31, 2017, in order to qualify, and you must register for the promotion prior to check-in.
This isn’t the first time that Delta and Hilton have teamed together to offer members of both programs the opportunity to earn bonus miles and MQMs. In fact, the two offered Delta flyers and Honors members the chance to earn benefits every year since 2011.
While it rarely makes sense to choose a Points & Miles partner over a Points & Points earning strategy, this promotion could make sense — especially if you’re using it to lock in Delta status by the end of the year. With the promotion, you’ll be earning MQMs as well as double SkyMiles to be used toward future redemptions. Ultimately, whether or not it makes sense to switch to forgo 5 extra Honors points per dollar spent in favor of the bonus Delta miles will vary on a case-by-case basis. However, if you’re nearing qualification for elite status, this could be a great way to lock in those last few MQMs.
Featured image of the Hilton Phuket.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that