Garmin Speak Lets You Bring Alexa on Your Next Road Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Believe it or not, the holiday season is nearly upon us — which means that there’s probably at least one road trip to grandmother’s house in your near future. While we haven’t yet reached the point where self-piloted cars can do all the work (unfortunately), Garmin — the technology company known for its GPS devices — has offered what might be the next best thing: an extra seat to bring Amazon Alexa with you.
On October 17, the company unveiled Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa: The first in-vehicle device that offers the dual hands-free power of turn-by-turn navigation and all the many amazing things that Alexa can do.
Want to listen to “Life Is a Highway” on a loop? Just ask Alexa. Want to find out what the temperature is at your destination … or what it would be if you were in Miami right now? Ask Alexa. Trying to figure out why traffic isn’t moving on I-95? Ask Alexa. Want to make sure your favorite pizza is awaiting you upon arrival? Ask Alexa.
The tiny device, which retails for just under $150 and mounts perfectly to your windshield, lets you take all of Alexa’s voice-activated powers wherever you go.
“Our vision is that the Alexa service will be everywhere our customers want it, including inside the car,” said Ned Curic, Vice President of Automotive at Amazon Alexa, in a press release. “Alexa on the Garmin Speak can help customers with many things, like controlling their smart home from the road, getting news or traffic, listening to audiobooks, adding items to a shopping list and ordering dinner with just their voice.”
“Alexa, are we there yet?”
Featured image courtesy of Garmin
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees