Garmin Speak Lets You Bring Alexa on Your Next Road Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Believe it or not, the holiday season is nearly upon us — which means that there’s probably at least one road trip to grandmother’s house in your near future. While we haven’t yet reached the point where self-piloted cars can do all the work (unfortunately), Garmin — the technology company known for its GPS devices — has offered what might be the next best thing: an extra seat to bring Amazon Alexa with you.
On October 17, the company unveiled Garmin Speak with Amazon Alexa: The first in-vehicle device that offers the dual hands-free power of turn-by-turn navigation and all the many amazing things that Alexa can do.
Want to listen to “Life Is a Highway” on a loop? Just ask Alexa. Want to find out what the temperature is at your destination … or what it would be if you were in Miami right now? Ask Alexa. Trying to figure out why traffic isn’t moving on I-95? Ask Alexa. Want to make sure your favorite pizza is awaiting you upon arrival? Ask Alexa.
The tiny device, which retails for just under $150 and mounts perfectly to your windshield, lets you take all of Alexa’s voice-activated powers wherever you go.
“Our vision is that the Alexa service will be everywhere our customers want it, including inside the car,” said Ned Curic, Vice President of Automotive at Amazon Alexa, in a press release. “Alexa on the Garmin Speak can help customers with many things, like controlling their smart home from the road, getting news or traffic, listening to audiobooks, adding items to a shopping list and ordering dinner with just their voice.”
“Alexa, are we there yet?”
Featured image courtesy of Garmin
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.