FoundersCard Celebrates Eight Years, Offers New Members Discounted Membership Rate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 10/25/17 5:00pm ET: This limited-time offer is ending on October 31. You have until then to lock in this preferred membership rate of $295 + waived initiation fee when you prepay for your first two years.
FoundersCard is celebrating its eighth anniversary, and new members can reap the benefits. To highlight FoundersCard and the benefits it offers, the company is offering a limited-time discounted membership rate to celebrate its anniversary. If you sign up for FoundersCard by the end of October, you’ll be able to take advantage of a preferred membership rate of $295 when you prepay for your first two years, as well as the waived initiation fee.
Normally, the annual membership fee is $595 — so you’ll be saving $300 per year with this offer. The card now has more than 25,000 members and an ever-expanding list of benefits.
Some of our favorite FoundersCard perks include complimentary access to JetDeals with JetSmarter, which allow you to purchase last-minute seats on private jets. Other travel-related perks from FoundersCard include three months of complimentary Marriott Gold status (and therefore SPG Gold status) with the option to maintain it through February 2019. You’ll also get complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status through March 2019 — a perk we value at $980.
In addition, the card has exclusive benefits with a number of airlines, such as preferred pricing or status challenges. You’ll find some kind of benefit with airlines such as JetBlue, American, Cathay Pacific, Alaska Airlines, Qantas, British Airways and Emirates. Benefits also extend to rental car companies like Hertz, Sixt and Silvercar. Dozens of other travel benefits range from complimentary CLEAR memberships to access to FoundersCard’s private member hotel program, which has nice properties like the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.
FoundersCard can definitely help you save big on travel expenses. For example, a standard CLEAR membership costs $179 — and FoundersCard members get it for free for six months. If you’ve debated signing up for FoundersCard in the past, through the end of the month, you’ll get one of the lowest rates on a membership we’ve seen. If you prepay for two years up front, you’ll lock in the reduced membership rate of $295 annually. To get the preferred rate, be sure to enroll on this page by using the code TPG295. Act soon, as this offer won’t last long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.