7 of Our Favorite Reader Submissions to the #TPG747 Event
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
AvGeeks are creative people. When we announced that we were inviting TPG readers to United’s exclusive Family Day in San Francisco to see two of the carrier’s 747s up close and personal, you were quick to put together farewell letters to the Queen of the Skies for a chance to win.
Ultimately, we picked 50 of our favorite responses, meaning 50 readers plus one guest each will come with us to this Sunday’s event at SFO. But we wanted to highlight some of our favorite submissions of AvGeeks expressing why the 747 means so much to them. Here are seven of our favorite missives to the Queen, in no particular order:
1. A Personal Journey
— Matt Richard (@MattRichard4) September 14, 2017
2. An Acrostic Poem
— Eric Forti (@WhereIsForti) September 13, 2017
3. A Farewell Boarding Pass
— Justin Papa (@justinpapa) September 16, 2017
4. A Video Goodbye
— Lorena Jordan (@TheReester) September 18, 2017
5. A Taylor Swift Rendition
— rohan anand (@rohanaanand) September 18, 2017
6. An Original Being Returned
— John Vanderford (@JohnVanderford) September 19, 2017
7. A Goodbye Poem
— Lan (@lanpaje) September 21, 2017
Keep an eye out on Sunday for more content from SFO and United’s 747 event!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.