Eerie Drone Video Shows Complete Devastation in Parts of Northern California
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A series of Northern California wildfires continues its devastating push through the region. As of Wednesday morning, more than 17 people have been confirmed dead and more than 2,000 buildings have been completely destroyed. The lush vineyards and rolling hills of Sonoma and Napa counties now look like an apocalyptic scene.
Stunning new video from NBC News shows just how devastated much of the region is. The drone video captures the damage on the ground in Santa Rosa, California. Empty foundations of what were once homes can be seen one after another as a mail truck drives down the street. The Hilton Sonoma appears reduced to rubble with just the stone Hilton sign left standing. Watch the eerie video below:
High winds and dry conditions have fueled the blazes. The two largest of the fires, Tubbs and Atlas, have now ravaged a combined 54,000 acres of land, according to Cal Fire. Residents and tourists are continuing to evacuate the region, as firefighters struggle to contain the fires.
Featured image by David McNew / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.