For the First Time Ever, Disney Welcomes Dogs to Stay at Its Hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney fans with pets… rejoice! Dog owners who want to bring their pooches with them to hotels at Walt Disney World will have several options starting this Sunday. In a blog entry posted on Friday, Disney confirms that — “for the first time ever” — the Orlando theme park resort will welcome dogs at four of its hotel properties.
There will be a nightly “pet cleaning” fee in order for your dog to be able to stay with you. This rate varies depending on the hotel:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort: $50/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort: $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort: $75/night
Up to two dogs will be able to stay in each room for the same pet fee. But, Disney notes that dogs must be “well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated” to be allowed to stay with you in your guest room.
At check-in, dogs will be welcomed with a Pluto’s Welcome Kit, which will include “mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps.” And, if your dog isn’t a fan of visitors, you’ll be able to hang a special Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger to indicate that a pet is in the room.
Unfortunately, the company isn’t rolling out an in-room pet service with this announcement. However, it notes that its on-site Best Friends Pet Care provides doggie day care services for your furry companion.
For those with pet allergies or who might not be comfortable around dogs, each of the four resorts will have certain designated floors or sections that will be dog-friendly. Meanwhile, according to Disney, “the majority of areas will remain canine-free to accommodate Guests with allergies or other concerns.”
If you’re interested in participating in this “dog-friendly trial program,” Disney directs guests to call (407) W-DISNEY. Disney Vacation Club members should contact Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
Featured image by Disney Parks via Getty Images.
Are you excited about this new addition?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.