This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve seen a few deals to Southeast Asia recently, but the prices keep dropping lower! Today we’ve got an excellent deal from Los Angeles (LAX), Denver (DEN) and Newark (EWR) all the way over to Singapore (SIN), Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Ho Chi Minh City (SGN). Prices are as low as $389 round-trip, but the cost and availability will depend on where you’re departing from and traveling to. You should be able to find these easily using Google Flights, and once you’ve found flights that work for you, book directly with United.
Route: LAX/DEN/EWR to SIN/KUL/SGN
Cost: $389+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October – April 2018, varying based on the route
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $389 round-trip on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $438 round-trip nonstop on United:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $468 round-trip on United:
Newark (EWR) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $474 round-trip on United:
Denver (DEN) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $474 round-trip on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $514 round-trip on United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, let us know in the comments below.
Featured image by JKboy Jatenipat via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards