Deal Alert: Transcontinental Flights From $236 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Several domestic carriers are offering great deals on transcon flights. You can fly from New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for as little as $236 round-trip on Alaska Airlines, but other destinations on the West Coast are available for low prices as well. These cheap fares are generally valid for departures from November 2017 through March 2018, though exact availability varies depending on on your origin and destination cities. We recommend using Google Flights to find an itinerary that works for you, and then complete your booking directly through the airline.
Airline: Alaska, Delta, JetBlue, Virgin America
Routes: JFK/BOS/FLL to SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS
Cost: $236 round-trip
Dates: November 2017 – March 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for $236 round-trip on Alaska:
Boston (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $246 round-trip on Virgin America:
New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $252 round-trip on Delta (basic economy):
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $256 round-trip on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO) for $271 round-trip on Virgin America:
Boston (BOS) to San Diego (SAN) for $276 round-trip on Alaska:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image by Zuraimi via Getty Images.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.