Deal Alert: East Coast Cities to Kuala Lumpur From $328 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Five-star airline All Nippon Airways is offering majorly discounted fares from three East Coast cities to the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur. We’re seeing fares from New York (EWR and JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) from $328 round-trip. We’re also seeing discounted round-trip fares from Boston ($463) and Philadelphia ($493) to KUL. There’s plenty of availability between January and March 2018. Your best bet is to search using the calendar function on Google Flights and then clicking through to book directly with ANA or through an OTA like Expedia or Orbitz.
Airlines: All Nippon Airways
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/PHL to KUL
Cost: $328+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January — March 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $328 round-trip in January:
New York (EWR/JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $328 round-trip in February:
New York (JFK) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $328 round-trip in February/March:
Boston (BOS) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $463 round-trip in January:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $493 round-trip in March:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image by NurlsmailPhotography / Getty Images.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.