Select Citi AA Co-Branded Cardholders Get Priority Boarding on International Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Cardholders of the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard will soon get expanded privileges on an existing benefit. Effective immediately, cardholders will get priority boarding on both domestic and international American Airlines-operated flights. Previously, the priority boarding benefit was only available on domestic AA flights.
The priority boarding benefit is included for the primary cardholder and up to four travel companions on your reservation. Priority boarding with the Platinum Select AA Card means you’ll board in Group 5. As a reminder, the AA boarding process is as follows:
- Preboarding: ConciergeKey members
- Group 1: First; active duty US military with military ID; business class on a two-class international aircraft
- Group 2: Executive Platinum; Oneworld Emerald; business class on a three-class aircraft
- Group 3: Platinum Pro; Platinum; Oneworld Sapphire
- Group 4: Gold; Oneworld Ruby; Alaska Airlines MVP members; Airpass; Premium Economy; Citi / AAdvantage Executive cardmembers; Customers who bought priority boarding
- Group 5: Main Cabin Extra; Eligible AAdvantage credit cardmembers; eligible corporate travelers
- Group 6: Group 6
- Group 7: Group 7
- Group 8: Group 8
- Group 9: Basic Economy
The AAdvantage Platinum Select Card currently comes with a bonus of 60,000 miles after you spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. You’ll get your first bag for free on domestic AA flights, no foreign transaction fees and now, priority boarding on both domestic and international AA flights. You’ll earn 2x miles per $1 spent on AA purchases, at gas stations, and at restaurants and 1x miles on everything else. There’s a $99 annual fee that waived for the first 12 months.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees