This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chances are if you’re a reader of TPG, you’ve got some experience under your belt when it comes to flying. But, you’ve probably never flown out of the atmosphere before. If you’ve always dreamed of going to space, now’s your chance to get about as close as any non-astronaut can.
We’re teaming up with British Airways and Chase to offer three packages just for TPG readers to the British Airways Visa Signature Card holder event, An Evening Beneath the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The event is on Friday, October 20, at California Science Center in Los Angeles. Note that this is very short notice, and you’ll likely need to be based in LA or visiting the city in order to attend.
The event will surely be memorable. If you win, you’ll get access to private after-hours at the California Space Center. That access will also include a welcome reception with cocktails and canapés, surrounded by the amazing artifacts in the exhibits, as well as a private multi-course, wine-paired dinner. You’ll be able to hear first-hand from a British astronaut about his experiences in space, as well as a meet-and-greet photo opportunity and autographed gift.
We’re giving away three packages, and each winner will get to bring a guest. For your chance to win, you’ll need to be a member of the TPG Lounge. If you’re not already a member, be sure to join so you’re eligible to win. Then, when you see this event posted in the lounge, post your favorite science joke in the comment section. Be sure to comment your clever joke by 11:59pm ET on Thursday, October 19, in order to be in the running for one of the three packages. You can view the TPG official sweepstakes rules here.
We’re looking forward to hearing your clever science jokes — nerd out as much as you want. Good luck!
Featured image by Frederic J. Brown / Getty Images.
- 50,000 bonus Avios after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $10,000 total on purchases within your first year from account opening for a total of 75,000 bonus Avios.
- Earn a further 25,000 bonus Avios after you spend $20,000 total on purchases within your first year from account opening for a total of 100,000 bonus Avios.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.