This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking a Marriott stay is now easier for businesspeople — easy enough that you can book it through Slack. Marriott and Slack have teamed up to offer Slack users an extension for booking Marriott stays right through the chat interface.
For those not familiar, Slack is a messaging tool for businesspeople to communicate instantly. Rather than relying on email, teamembers can chat in public rooms or via direct messages. The new Slack extension allows Slack members to instantly search for and book Marriott hotel stays right from the Slack app.
As of today, you can add the Marriott extension to Slack by visiting the Marriott site and clicking through. Once added, you can enter “/marriottrewards,” your destination and your dates of travel right in the app. You can then see the options and how much each is per night before booking. With the extension, you can book stays at more than 4,700 properties in Marriott’s portfolio.
As far as technology goes, Marriott is already pretty advanced. The company allows you to book stays through Facebook Messenger and to ask questions with the Mobile Requests feature on the Marriott Mobile app. This new Slack extension, powered by Snaps, takes it a step further, with Marriott hoping to lure in business customers who use the chat service frequently.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees