New Extension Allows You to Book Marriott Stays Through Slack
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking a Marriott stay is now easier for businesspeople — easy enough that you can book it through Slack. Marriott and Slack have teamed up to offer Slack users an extension for booking Marriott stays right through the chat interface.
For those not familiar, Slack is a messaging tool for businesspeople to communicate instantly. Rather than relying on email, teamembers can chat in public rooms or via direct messages. The new Slack extension allows Slack members to instantly search for and book Marriott hotel stays right from the Slack app.
As of today, you can add the Marriott extension to Slack by visiting the Marriott site and clicking through. Once added, you can enter “/marriottrewards,” your destination and your dates of travel right in the app. You can then see the options and how much each is per night before booking. With the extension, you can book stays at more than 4,700 properties in Marriott’s portfolio.
As far as technology goes, Marriott is already pretty advanced. The company allows you to book stays through Facebook Messenger and to ask questions with the Mobile Requests feature on the Marriott Mobile app. This new Slack extension, powered by Snaps, takes it a step further, with Marriott hoping to lure in business customers who use the chat service frequently.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee