New Extension Allows You to Book Marriott Stays Through Slack
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking a Marriott stay is now easier for businesspeople — easy enough that you can book it through Slack. Marriott and Slack have teamed up to offer Slack users an extension for booking Marriott stays right through the chat interface.
For those not familiar, Slack is a messaging tool for businesspeople to communicate instantly. Rather than relying on email, teamembers can chat in public rooms or via direct messages. The new Slack extension allows Slack members to instantly search for and book Marriott hotel stays right from the Slack app.
As of today, you can add the Marriott extension to Slack by visiting the Marriott site and clicking through. Once added, you can enter “/marriottrewards,” your destination and your dates of travel right in the app. You can then see the options and how much each is per night before booking. With the extension, you can book stays at more than 4,700 properties in Marriott’s portfolio.
As far as technology goes, Marriott is already pretty advanced. The company allows you to book stays through Facebook Messenger and to ask questions with the Mobile Requests feature on the Marriott Mobile app. This new Slack extension, powered by Snaps, takes it a step further, with Marriott hoping to lure in business customers who use the chat service frequently.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.