New Extension Allows You to Book Marriott Stays Through Slack
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking a Marriott stay is now easier for businesspeople — easy enough that you can book it through Slack. Marriott and Slack have teamed up to offer Slack users an extension for booking Marriott stays right through the chat interface.
For those not familiar, Slack is a messaging tool for businesspeople to communicate instantly. Rather than relying on email, teamembers can chat in public rooms or via direct messages. The new Slack extension allows Slack members to instantly search for and book Marriott hotel stays right from the Slack app.
As of today, you can add the Marriott extension to Slack by visiting the Marriott site and clicking through. Once added, you can enter “/marriottrewards,” your destination and your dates of travel right in the app. You can then see the options and how much each is per night before booking. With the extension, you can book stays at more than 4,700 properties in Marriott’s portfolio.
As far as technology goes, Marriott is already pretty advanced. The company allows you to book stays through Facebook Messenger and to ask questions with the Mobile Requests feature on the Marriott Mobile app. This new Slack extension, powered by Snaps, takes it a step further, with Marriott hoping to lure in business customers who use the chat service frequently.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee