Check Out the Fall List of Free Hotel Night Offers From Amex
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express recently mailed Platinum Card® from American Express, Business Platinum Card® from American Express and Centurion cardholders to promote free night offers available this fall through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. The mailer features 135 properties in various destinations worldwide, but you’ll find many more listed on the Fine Hotels & Resorts special offers page. In total, more than 370 properties allow you to book complimentary nights, including nearly 70 in Europe and 100 in the Asia Pacific region.
Most properties offer either a free third or fourth night (when you book through Amex), while a handful offer only the fifth or sixth night free. In any case, these free nights come in addition to the regular Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits, including upgrades, breakfast for two and property-specific amenities like spa treatments or resort credits. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The St. Regis, Princeville — free fourth night plus a $100 property credit
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park — free third night plus a $100 property credit
- Bellagio Las Vegas — free fourth night plus a $100 property credit
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme — free fourth night plus an 85 euro food and beverage credit
- The Langham, London — free third night plus an 85 GBP property credit
- The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong — free third night plus a $100 food and beverage credit
- Palacio Del Inka, Cuzco — free third night plus a $100 spa service credit
Most offers are available through the end of the year, but some expire sooner. Check the terms online before booking to make sure the dates you want are included. Also, note that free nights are credited at checkout, so your price at booking will reflect the total cost without the discount.
Between the complimentary nights and added benefits, these deals are pretty strong, but it’s still important to weigh your other options. Amex doesn’t always have the best rates and there are other ways to get free nights, so shop around to make sure you’re not overpaying.
For example, I found a wide disparity in rates for a December stay at the Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco. Amex priced the junior suite at $674 per night; with the fourth night free, the total came to $2,022 before taxes. By comparison, the direct rate for Ritz-Carlton Rewards members was just under $475 per night, for a total of $1,898 before taxes. After the $100 property credit, free breakfast and other benefits, you might still come out ahead booking with Amex, but only for a stay of exactly four nights.
On the other hand, a one-bedroom waterfront pool villa at the Conrad Koh Samui priced out at $614 per night through Fine Hotels & Resorts, versus $628 per night via the Citi Prestige concierge. Both methods offer a complimentary fourth night, but Amex clearly wins here due to the slightly lower price and additional benefits. The Hilton Honors member rate was lower at $584 per night, but that ends up being more expensive for stays longer than three nights.
Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings are typically eligible to earn points and elite credits, so there’s no disadvantage to booking through Amex if the price is fair. Also keep in mind that your benefits apply to multiple rooms on a single reservation. Up to three rooms are eligible to receive complimentary nights, breakfast and unique property amenities, so you can share some of that value with friends or family if you’re traveling together.
Check out the offers available this fall, and please share any outstanding bargains you find in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees