American Express to Expand Centurion Lounge at Miami International Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express is expanding another of its Centurion Lounges. Amex is adding to the popular Miami International Airport (MIA) Centurion Lounge so it’ll be able to accommodate more passengers and offer more amenities.
Rather than changing locations, Amex will just expand on its existing space, which first opened in 2015. The lounge will continue to be located in Concourse D near Gate D12 and on the fourth floor. The new lounge is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
With the refurbishments, loungegoers can expect more than 4,000 square feet of additional space, an additional food buffet and beverage area, wine bar, more restrooms, tranquility area, two private telephone rooms and more seating.
While many will likely get excited about the additions, especially the expanded space and seating options, loungegoers will be pleased to hear that many of its current features will stick around. The MIA Centurion Lounge will continue to offer complimentary spa therapies from Exhale, a full premium bar, locally inspired cuisine, dedicated work area, members services desk, conference space, family room, computer bar and large flat-screen TVs.
This announcement for the MIA Centurion Lounge comes just three days after Amex opened its first international Centurion Lounge at Hong Kong (HKG). The company will also open a new location at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) in late October. Plus, in September, Amex announced it would be expanding its current lounge at Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) to combat that lounge’s issue with overcrowding.
As a reminder, all cardholders of the Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express and the Centurion Card are allowed access to the Amex network of Centurion Lounges. Given the new rules from Amex, if you hold another American Express card, you can no longer purchase a one-day pass to Centurion Lounges for $50.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees