This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An airport worker at the Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) became a viral social-media sensation this week when a passenger on a Southwest jet headed to Nashville (BNA) recorded him showing off his dance moves as he directed the airplane out from its parking spot.
Kyran Ashford told the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle that he shimmied and shook to bring “30 seconds of positive vibes before you get on the plane.”
“You don’t know why these people are flying out,” he added, “they could be going to a funeral.”
The video of Ashford, who works for Jetstream Ground Services and makes his dancing part of his work routine, has reached a million views.
Ashford also works as a gate agent and baggage handler, and has a YouTube channel that features his airstrip performances.
“I’m mind-blown out of this whole thing,” Ashford told the newspaper. “I got no sleep last night, just watching all the reviews come in.”
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees