This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An airport worker at the Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) became a viral social-media sensation this week when a passenger on a Southwest jet headed to Nashville (BNA) recorded him showing off his dance moves as he directed the airplane out from its parking spot.
Kyran Ashford told the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle that he shimmied and shook to bring “30 seconds of positive vibes before you get on the plane.”
“You don’t know why these people are flying out,” he added, “they could be going to a funeral.”
The video of Ashford, who works for Jetstream Ground Services and makes his dancing part of his work routine, has reached a million views.
Ashford also works as a gate agent and baggage handler, and has a YouTube channel that features his airstrip performances.
“I’m mind-blown out of this whole thing,” Ashford told the newspaper. “I got no sleep last night, just watching all the reviews come in.”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees