This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Been eyeing a set of AirPods or a new iPad? Good news: United is offering a one-day increased MileagePlus Shopping offer on Apple purchases. For today only, you’ll earn 6 miles per dollar spent at Apple as opposed to the standard offer of 1 mile per dollar.
In order to be eligible for the one-day only elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the MileagePlus Shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K are not eligible for this offer. In addition, the terms state that some newly released products may not be eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping.
This is a really nice bonus on a store that doesn’t usually have an elevated offer this high. For example, if you buy an iPhone 8 Plus for $799 and an iPad Pro for $649, you’d walk away with 8,688 United miles. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, those bonus miles are worth $130.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this offer by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
Featured image by Josh Edelson / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees