This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Been eyeing a set of AirPods or a new iPad? Good news: United is offering a one-day increased MileagePlus Shopping offer on Apple purchases. For today only, you’ll earn 6 miles per dollar spent at Apple as opposed to the standard offer of 1 mile per dollar.
In order to be eligible for the one-day only elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the MileagePlus Shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K are not eligible for this offer. In addition, the terms state that some newly released products may not be eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products and expedited shipping.
This is a really nice bonus on a store that doesn’t usually have an elevated offer this high. For example, if you buy an iPhone 8 Plus for $799 and an iPad Pro for $649, you’d walk away with 8,688 United miles. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, those bonus miles are worth $130.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Plus, you can maximize your earnings for this offer by purchasing through the MileagePlus X app.
Featured image by Josh Edelson / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees