This 5-Year-Old Kid Is a Bigger AvGeek Than Everyone You Know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Adam, the world’s most adorable future pilot, managed to get some time in the cockpit on a recent Etihad flight from Morocco to Abu Dhabi. The Captain was able to capture a couple minutes of the interaction, and the video went viral, with 27 million views and counting on Facebook alone.
I’m not going to describe what you’ll see; you really just need to watch this — I promise you’ll be smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the day. Adam really knows his stuff. I mean really.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, but best I can tell this wasn’t staged — this kid really is a genius. So Etihad did what any airline with a responsible marketing department would do, and invited Adam to come fly the A380 in a simulator.
As the airline explains:
Six-year-old Adam has always been fascinated by planes and aviation. His dream is to become a Captain of an A380 Airbus. On board a flight from Morocco to Abu Dhabi, our Etihad Airways Cabin Crew noticed that the boy clearly wanted to fly the plane and was passionate about aircraft. They decided to create the opportunity of a lifetime for Adam, by inviting him into the cockpit. The video went viral after Captain Samer Yakhlef managed to film some of Adam’s genius on his phone. The world was captivated. We were so amazed by Adam when he came to talk to us in the cockpit, that we wanted to make his dreams a reality. Adam became an Etihad pilot for a day, and actually had the opportunity to fly his favorite aircraft in our Training Academy.
Of course, there’s a video of Adam flying the A380, too, and it’s almost as cute as the original. Another must-watch, if you ask me.
Next, I’m really looking forward to Adam’s review of The Residence… how about it, Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.