This 5-Year-Old Kid Is a Bigger AvGeek Than Everyone You Know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Adam, the world’s most adorable future pilot, managed to get some time in the cockpit on a recent Etihad flight from Morocco to Abu Dhabi. The Captain was able to capture a couple minutes of the interaction, and the video went viral, with 27 million views and counting on Facebook alone.
I’m not going to describe what you’ll see; you really just need to watch this — I promise you’ll be smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the day. Adam really knows his stuff. I mean really.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, but best I can tell this wasn’t staged — this kid really is a genius. So Etihad did what any airline with a responsible marketing department would do, and invited Adam to come fly the A380 in a simulator.
As the airline explains:
Six-year-old Adam has always been fascinated by planes and aviation. His dream is to become a Captain of an A380 Airbus. On board a flight from Morocco to Abu Dhabi, our Etihad Airways Cabin Crew noticed that the boy clearly wanted to fly the plane and was passionate about aircraft. They decided to create the opportunity of a lifetime for Adam, by inviting him into the cockpit. The video went viral after Captain Samer Yakhlef managed to film some of Adam’s genius on his phone. The world was captivated. We were so amazed by Adam when he came to talk to us in the cockpit, that we wanted to make his dreams a reality. Adam became an Etihad pilot for a day, and actually had the opportunity to fly his favorite aircraft in our Training Academy.
Of course, there’s a video of Adam flying the A380, too, and it’s almost as cute as the original. Another must-watch, if you ask me.
Next, I’m really looking forward to Adam’s review of The Residence… how about it, Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees