Deal Alert: US Cities to Miami From $49 Round-Trip ($88 Main Cabin)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
American Airlines and United Airlines are offering cheap fares on flights from many US cities to Miami — many for less than $50. The cheapest fares are in basic economy, with regular Main Cabin or economy fares not much higher at just $88. These fares are generally available from October through December 2017, though you won’t find these rock-bottom prices around the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays.
If you do end up booking basic economy, make sure to sign-up for one of these credit cards to defeat Basic Economy and get a free checked bag, free carry-on bag and priority boarding:
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- United Explorer Card
- United Explorer Business Card
- United Club Card (up to two free checked bags)
- United Club Business Card (up to two free checked bags)
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum and CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Airline: American, United
Route: BWI, CLE, CMH, DTW, LGA, ORD, STL to MIA
Cost: $49+ round-trip in Basic Economy; $88 in Main Cabin
Dates: October – December
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $48 round-trip in Basic Economy / $88 round-trip in economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $89 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Cleveland (CLE) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $113 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Detroit (DTW) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $113 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Columbus (CMH) to Miami (MIA) for $67 round-trip in Basic Economy / $107 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Baltimore (BWI) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $118 round-trip in Main Cabin:
New York (LGA) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $119 round-trip in Main Cabin:
St. Louis (STL) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $119 in Main Cabin:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, let us know in the comments below.
Featured image of by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.