Deal Alert: US Cities to Miami From $49 Round-Trip ($88 Main Cabin)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
American Airlines and United Airlines are offering cheap fares on flights from many US cities to Miami — many for less than $50. The cheapest fares are in basic economy, with regular Main Cabin or economy fares not much higher at just $88. These fares are generally available from October through December 2017, though you won’t find these rock-bottom prices around the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays.
If you do end up booking basic economy, make sure to sign-up for one of these credit cards to defeat Basic Economy and get a free checked bag, free carry-on bag and priority boarding:
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- United Explorer Card
- United Explorer Business Card
- United Club Card (up to two free checked bags)
- United Club Business Card (up to two free checked bags)
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum and CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Airline: American, United
Route: BWI, CLE, CMH, DTW, LGA, ORD, STL to MIA
Cost: $49+ round-trip in Basic Economy; $88 in Main Cabin
Dates: October – December
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $48 round-trip in Basic Economy / $88 round-trip in economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $89 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Cleveland (CLE) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $113 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Detroit (DTW) to Miami (MIA) for $49 round-trip in Basic Economy / $113 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Columbus (CMH) to Miami (MIA) for $67 round-trip in Basic Economy / $107 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Baltimore (BWI) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $118 round-trip in Main Cabin:
New York (LGA) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $119 round-trip in Main Cabin:
St. Louis (STL) to Miami (MIA) for $79 round-trip in Basic Economy / $119 in Main Cabin:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, let us know in the comments below.
Featured image of by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees