Sharing Travel Plans Just Got Easier with TripIt’s New Update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We at The Points Guy have covered TripIt before and noted how it’s a helpful app that has eased our travel woes. Today, the tech company released its newest iOS 11 addition and the updates make it easier for those on the go to share their plans. Now travelers can share their flight schedule, car rental, dinner reservations, etc. with a simple text.
For those using iPhones and iPads (or any iOS device) in conjunction with TripIt, life just got a little easier. With these new, useful features, users can easily keep friends, family, and colleagues up-to-date about their travel plans via iMessage. As changes happen, everyone gets alerted with updates via the Apple messaging service.
Jen Moyse, director of product for TripIt, says: “All you have to do is add your plans to TripIt, and share them through TripIT for iMessage — we’ll take care of the rest.”
Here’s how it works: TripIt pulls the latest trip information when a conversation is active. Additionally, all parties who have received the travel information must be signed into the TripIt app and operating on iOS 11 to send and receive the trip plans. With the update, you will no longer have to resend any changes made to your itinerary; if you add a dinner reservation or book a hotel, it will automatically update in iMessages with those you shared your trip with.
The new features work with TripIt pro ($49/year), as well as the free version. Those with TripIt pro, though, can share their real-time flight status through iMessage meaning that anytime there’s a flight or schedule change due to delay, gate change, or cancellation, TripIt for iMessage will refresh with the latest information, giving the person with whom the information was shared the ability to check the flight’s current status directly — without any additional searching.
Feature image courtesy by Gary Hershorn/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.