This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s hailed as the best business-class product in the skies is soon making its way to North America. Qatar Airways’ will offer its new Qsuite business class between its hub in Doha (DOH) and New York (JFK) beginning December 16, 2017.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, the Qsuites product will be offered on Qatar’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on flights QR701 and QR702. Here’s the schedule:
- QR701 Doha (DOH) 8:00am Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:15pm Arrival
- QR702 New York (JFK) 9:20pm Departure ⇒ Doha (DOH) 5:35pm (+1) Arrival
Qsuites, which some consider to be on par or better than some of the first-class products offered by other carriers, launched on Qatar’s Doha to London (LHR) route in June. Qsuites will also be offered on the carrier’s Doha to Paris (CDG) route beginning September 23, 2017.
At each seat, Qsuites passengers get their own sliding door for privacy, fine dining options, access to a premier lounge in Doha, top-notch amenities and the option to turn the center two seats into a “honeymoon seat” bed. When TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig tried out the product, he was blown away.
One of the best parts about Qsuites is that there tends to be great award availability, however, on this new JFK-DOH route, there doesn’t seem to be much available at the moment. However, it’ll be worth checking back to see if award availability opens up. Use this guide to learn how to book Qsuites with miles.
You can, however, pay cash in order to fly Qsuites on its New York route. If you want to be one of the first to fly on the route, you can travel from JFK to DOH in Qsuites for $9,477 round-trip, which is the price at Qatar’s business saver level.
As OMAAT points out, you can get an even less expensive round-trip flight with both directions in Qsuites by getting a bit creative with your routing. For example, by traveling to Yerevan, Armenia (EVN), you can book a round-trip business-class ticket for $3,598. Both of the legs between DOH and JFK on that trip will feature Qsuites.
This is great news for people who travel frequently between New York and Doha and beyond. Qsuites is a premier product that really sets the bar for other business and first-class products. Keep in mind before you book, however, that Qatar is notorious for making new route and product announcements that turn out to be a little ambitious. Meaning, it’s entirely possible that this December 16, 2017, date could be pushed back. If you really want to test out the product, it could be worth booking a ticket for a later date — perhaps sometime in 2018 — in the event Qatar delays the launch of Qsuites on this route.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees