Qatar to Launch Qsuites on New York-Doha Route Later This Year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s hailed as the best business-class product in the skies is soon making its way to North America. Qatar Airways’ will offer its new Qsuite business class between its hub in Doha (DOH) and New York (JFK) beginning December 16, 2017.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, the Qsuites product will be offered on Qatar’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on flights QR701 and QR702. Here’s the schedule:
- QR701 Doha (DOH) 8:00am Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:15pm Arrival
- QR702 New York (JFK) 9:20pm Departure ⇒ Doha (DOH) 5:35pm (+1) Arrival
Qsuites, which some consider to be on par or better than some of the first-class products offered by other carriers, launched on Qatar’s Doha to London (LHR) route in June. Qsuites will also be offered on the carrier’s Doha to Paris (CDG) route beginning September 23, 2017.
At each seat, Qsuites passengers get their own sliding door for privacy, fine dining options, access to a premier lounge in Doha, top-notch amenities and the option to turn the center two seats into a “honeymoon seat” bed. When TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig tried out the product, he was blown away.
One of the best parts about Qsuites is that there tends to be great award availability, however, on this new JFK-DOH route, there doesn’t seem to be much available at the moment. However, it’ll be worth checking back to see if award availability opens up. Use this guide to learn how to book Qsuites with miles.
You can, however, pay cash in order to fly Qsuites on its New York route. If you want to be one of the first to fly on the route, you can travel from JFK to DOH in Qsuites for $9,477 round-trip, which is the price at Qatar’s business saver level.
As OMAAT points out, you can get an even less expensive round-trip flight with both directions in Qsuites by getting a bit creative with your routing. For example, by traveling to Yerevan, Armenia (EVN), you can book a round-trip business-class ticket for $3,598. Both of the legs between DOH and JFK on that trip will feature Qsuites.
This is great news for people who travel frequently between New York and Doha and beyond. Qsuites is a premier product that really sets the bar for other business and first-class products. Keep in mind before you book, however, that Qatar is notorious for making new route and product announcements that turn out to be a little ambitious. Meaning, it’s entirely possible that this December 16, 2017, date could be pushed back. If you really want to test out the product, it could be worth booking a ticket for a later date — perhaps sometime in 2018 — in the event Qatar delays the launch of Qsuites on this route.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.