This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is offering passengers discounted fares, double Qmiles and the chance to win prizes with a new promotion. The “Global Travel Boutique” promotion, which runs from now through September 19, 2017 will give travelers up to 40% off fares in both economy and business classes, 2x or more Qmiles and the chance to earn bonus prizes.
In order to get these perks, you must book by September 19, 2017, and travel by May 31, 2018. We’re seeing fares for as little as $657 round-trip. In addition, you can score reduced business-class fares to select destinations, such as between Atlanta (ATL) and Mumbai (BOM) for $2,410. To see all of the economy routes that are eligible for discounted fares, visit this page.
Here are some examples of what you can book in economy:
Dallas (DFW) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $657 round-trip in October:
Chicago (ORD) to Singapore (SIN) for $694 round-trip in October:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Manila (MNL) for $723 round-trip in October:
New York (JFK) to Kilimanjaro (JRO) for $744 round-trip in November:
In addition to the discounted fares, double miles are also a perk of booking and traveling as part of this Global Travel Boutique promotion. All Qatar Airways Privilege Club members will earn double Qmiles when booking online by September 19, 2017, for travel between September 15, 2017, and May 31, 2018. In order to be eligible for those double miles, you must register online for the promotion by September 19, 2017. Some Privilege Club members are eligible to earn triple Qmiles, however, that is a targeted offer and you must log in to your account to see if you’re eligible.
If you’re not yet familiar with the Qmiles program, here’s a great introduction to the program.
The last part of the Global Travel Boutique promotion has to do with bonus prizes — both daily prizes and mega prizes. Qatar’s daily prizes for economy customers include 50,000 Qmiles, Silver Privilege Club status, free hotel stays, an upgrade to business class and much more.
Daily prizes for business-class customers include 100,000 Qmiles, Gold Privilege Club status and Qatar duty free shopping vouchers.
During the promotion, the carrier is giving away more than 60 prizes each day. Then, those who purchase as part of the Global Travel Boutique will also have the chance to earn a mega prize. Options include free flights for a year, a complimentary stay at the Marsa Malaz The Pearl Kempinski, a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Platinum Privilege Club status.
If you’ve been considering a trip with Qatar, booking as part of this Global Travel Boutique could be a good idea. You might get access to discounted fares, as well as guaranteed double Qmiles (or more) and the opportunity for bonus prizes. Be sure to book and register for the promotion by September 19 in order to ensure you’re taking advantage of all the promotion has to offer.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees