This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite ongoing political strife in the region, Qatar Airways continues to make an effort to uphold its reputation as one of the world’s top carriers. It just launched its revolutionary and ultra-spacious Qsuite cabin, and has invested in premium pre-order dining service and top-notch on-board products and services.
On Monday, Qatar released a new series of limited-edition kits for premium passengers. First and business-class passengers on upcoming long-haul flights can look for a new Bric limited-edition amenity bag created exclusively for the airline. Bric’s amenity kits come in a selection of four colors for fall — yellow, navy blue, blush and tan.
Medium-haul customers flying in first and business class will find luxury amenity kits developed by Indian artisan brand, Nappa Dori. This kit features select images from destinations printed on the canvas — including Thailand, the Netherlands, China and Doha — and contains socks, eyeshades and lip balm from Castello Monte Vibiano Vecchio.
The contents of the kits appear to be the same; inside the bags, passengers can find products from Castello Monte Vibiano Vechio — “the environmentally friendly olive oil company” — including lip balm, socks and eyeshades for passengers in business class, with the addition of night recovery cream for those in first class. Frequent travelers can add the new keepsake designs from both brands to their collections.
This is a relatively minor update, but it shows that Qatar Airways is keen on keeping its (premium) customers happy. Last month, the airline launched a new dining service which allows first- and business-class passengers to pre-order their dining selections before their flights. If you have an upcoming flight with the carrier in a premium cabin, be sure to look out for these updated kits.
What do you think of QA’s new first- and business-class amenity offerings?
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees