This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite ongoing political strife in the region, Qatar Airways continues to make an effort to uphold its reputation as one of the world’s top carriers. It just launched its revolutionary and ultra-spacious Qsuite cabin, and has invested in premium pre-order dining service and top-notch on-board products and services.
On Monday, Qatar released a new series of limited-edition kits for premium passengers. First and business-class passengers on upcoming long-haul flights can look for a new Bric limited-edition amenity bag created exclusively for the airline. Bric’s amenity kits come in a selection of four colors for fall — yellow, navy blue, blush and tan.
Medium-haul customers flying in first and business class will find luxury amenity kits developed by Indian artisan brand, Nappa Dori. This kit features select images from destinations printed on the canvas — including Thailand, the Netherlands, China and Doha — and contains socks, eyeshades and lip balm from Castello Monte Vibiano Vecchio.
The contents of the kits appear to be the same; inside the bags, passengers can find products from Castello Monte Vibiano Vechio — “the environmentally friendly olive oil company” — including lip balm, socks and eyeshades for passengers in business class, with the addition of night recovery cream for those in first class. Frequent travelers can add the new keepsake designs from both brands to their collections.
This is a relatively minor update, but it shows that Qatar Airways is keen on keeping its (premium) customers happy. Last month, the airline launched a new dining service which allows first- and business-class passengers to pre-order their dining selections before their flights. If you have an upcoming flight with the carrier in a premium cabin, be sure to look out for these updated kits.
What do you think of QA’s new first- and business-class amenity offerings?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards