JetBlue Unveils Updated (Green!) Aircraft to Support the NY Jets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the kick-off of football season, JetBlue revealed a refreshed and updated special aircraft dedicated to the New York Jets team. The Queens-based carrier introduced the new and improved Jets livery on September 26 during a tailgate-themed event at JetBlue’s hangar at JFK airport. Designed to represent the pride of New York football fans, the Airbus A320 features a green body with a helmet on the rear of the aircraft. It also includes the airline’s co-branded trademark with New York State’s renowned “I Love NY” logo.
The specially painted aircraft is representative of JetBlue and the National Football League franchise’s longstanding relationship that dates back to 2009. As part of their partnership, JetBlue unveiled “JetGreen” in 2010, its first sport theme aircraft to to join the airline’s growing fleet and sporting the logo of the Jets. Now, the same Airbus A320 plane has been repainted with a new, updated version of the Jets paint scheme.
“We are extremely proud to have a Jets-branded plane in the skies being piloted by our terrific partners at JetBlue,” said New York Jets team president Neil Glat. “Our partnership with JetBlue exudes a true ‘hometown feel’ and engages our many fans throughout the entire greater New York area. We look forward to what lies ahead for our valued partnership in the years to come.”
“New York is home turf for JetBlue and the New York Jets and we both have loyal fans that expect more of us than the other guys,” said JetBlue’s executive vice president commercial and planning, Marty St. George, said in a statement. “The new Jets aircraft will take our partnership to new heights, both literally and figuratively.”
Featured image of Jets plane courtesy of JetBlue; video courtesy of New York Jets via Facebook.
H/T USA Today
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.