JetBlue Unveils Updated (Green!) Aircraft to Support the NY Jets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To celebrate the kick-off of football season, JetBlue revealed a refreshed and updated special aircraft dedicated to the New York Jets team. The Queens-based carrier introduced the new and improved Jets livery on September 26 during a tailgate-themed event at JetBlue’s hangar at JFK airport. Designed to represent the pride of New York football fans, the Airbus A320 features a green body with a helmet on the rear of the aircraft. It also includes the airline’s co-branded trademark with New York State’s renowned “I Love NY” logo.
The specially painted aircraft is representative of JetBlue and the National Football League franchise’s longstanding relationship that dates back to 2009. As part of their partnership, JetBlue unveiled “JetGreen” in 2010, its first sport theme aircraft to to join the airline’s growing fleet and sporting the logo of the Jets. Now, the same Airbus A320 plane has been repainted with a new, updated version of the Jets paint scheme.
“We are extremely proud to have a Jets-branded plane in the skies being piloted by our terrific partners at JetBlue,” said New York Jets team president Neil Glat. “Our partnership with JetBlue exudes a true ‘hometown feel’ and engages our many fans throughout the entire greater New York area. We look forward to what lies ahead for our valued partnership in the years to come.”
“New York is home turf for JetBlue and the New York Jets and we both have loyal fans that expect more of us than the other guys,” said JetBlue’s executive vice president commercial and planning, Marty St. George, said in a statement. “The new Jets aircraft will take our partnership to new heights, both literally and figuratively.”
Featured image of Jets plane courtesy of JetBlue; video courtesy of New York Jets via Facebook.
H/T USA Today
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees