Delta to Launch New Transatlantic Routes for Summer 2018 Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is expanding its presence on transatlantic routes. The carrier announced today that it’s set to bring more nonstop options from Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW), Indianapolis (IND), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) and Orlando (MCO) to destinations throughout Europe and Africa.
The summer additions, which offer nonstop options to destinations from Lisbon (LIS) to Lagos, Nigeria (LOS), will further expand the carrier’s footprint on transatlantic service, and allow the carrier to maintain its title as the leading airline across the Atlantic with more total departures, destinations and seats than any other carrier.
Here are the details for each of the new or additional routes:
Atlanta — Lisbon (Daily)
The new daily service between Atlanta (ATL) and Lisbon (LIS) will be operated by one of Delta’s 767 aircraft. Delta will operate the route on a daily basis beginning May 24, 2018, before ending it on September 4, 2018.
- DL122 Atlanta (ATL) 7:30pm Departure ⇒ Lisbon (LIS) 8:45am (+1) Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL123 Lisbon (LIS) 10:30am Departure ⇒ Atlanta (ATL) 2:45pm Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
Detroit — Paris (Daily)
This new summer 2018 addition will be Delta’s third daily nonstop flight (one daily frequency is operated by Air France) between Detroit (DTW) and Paris (CDG). Delta will launch the service beginning May 16, 2018.
- DL96 Detroit (DTW) 3:50pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 6:00am (+1) Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL99 Paris (CDG) 1:10pm Departure ⇒ Detroit (DTW) 4:10pm Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
Indianapolis — Paris (Daily to 5x Weekly)
On May 24, 2018, Delta will launch nonstop service between Indianapolis (IND) and Paris (CDG).
- DL500 Indianapolis (IND) 6:20pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 8:45am (+1) Arrival
- DL501 Paris (CDG) 1:15pm Departure ⇒ Indianapolis (IND) 4:35pm Arrival
Los Angeles — Amsterdam (4x Weekly)
Beginning June 16, 2018, Delta will launch service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Amsterdam (AMS). The route will be operated by one of the carrier’s Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
- DL78 Los Angeles (LAX) 12:00pm Departure ⇒ Amsterdam (AMS) 7:55am (+1) Arrival — M/W/F/Su
- DL79 Amsterdam (AMS) 3:35pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 6:25pm Arrival — M/Tu/Th/Sa
Los Angeles — Paris (3x Weekly)
Beginning June 16, 2018, Delta will launch service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Paris (CDG). The route will be operated by one of the carrier’s Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
- DL156 Los Angeles (LAX) 12:00pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 7:55am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/Sa
- DL157 Paris (CDG) 3:15pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 6:25pm Arrival — W/F/Su
New York — Azores (5x Weekly)
This new seasonal route to Ponta Delgada-Azores (PDL) will begin on May 24, 2018.
- DL417 New York (JFK) 8:30pm Departure ⇒ Azores (PDL) 7:30am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL217 Azores (PDL) 9:15am Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 10:30am Arrival — M/W/F/Sa/Su
New York — Lagos (3x Weekly)
Delta will begin year-round service between New York (JFK) and Lagos (LOS) beginning March 24, 2018.
- DL415 New York (JFK) 10:55pm Departure ⇒ Lagos (LOS) 2:50pm (+1) Arrival — M/W/F
- DL215 Lagos (LOS) 11:30pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 5:30am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/Su
Orlando — Amsterdam (Daily to 5x Weekly)
On March 30, 2018, Delta will begin to offer year-round service between Orlando (MCO) and Amsterdam (AMS).
- DL126 Orlando (MCO) 9:45pm Departure ⇒ Amsterdam (AMS) 12:45pm (+1) Arrival
- DL127 Amsterdam (AMS) 1:15pm Departure ⇒ Orlando (MCO) 5:40pm Arrival
In addition to these new routes, Delta also announced that it’s adding an Airbus A330 to operate its route between New York (JFK) to London (LHR).
These new routes are exciting additions for Delta flyers and those looking to travel next summer. As of this writing, the new routes are not yet bookable, so award information isn’t yet known. If you’re looking to travel on any of these routes in summer 2018, check back on Delta’s website for when tickets become available.
Featured image by J.M.F. Almeida / Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees