Register for the Latest SPG and Marriott Promotions — Free Nights and Bonus Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest are offering members of both programs a new promotion with the chance to earn either free nights or bonus points. With Marriott’s Free Night MegaBonus promotion, you’ll be able to earn free nights, and with SPG’s Explore More option, you’ll get bonus Starpoints for your stays.
You’ll need to register for both of the promotions individually. Here’s a breakdown of each:
Marriott’s Free Night MegaBonus Promotion
With the Free Night MegaBonus, you can earn a free night after you complete two paid stays at any participating property in the world. Eligible travel for the promotion must be completed between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018. In addition, once you’ve completed the two paid stays and gotten the free night, you could be eligible to unlock more rewards.
You must register for the promotion by November 30, 2017, by going to Marriott’s promotion website. There’s a maximum of one free night, which can be redeemed at eligible Category 1-5 properties. As a reminder, Marriott defines a “stay” as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.
Most Marriott brands are participating in the promotion, including EDITION, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Marriott, Delta, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, AC Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace Suites, Protea, Moxy and Ritz-Carlton.
SPG’s Explore More Promotion
SPG’s Explore More promotion gives you the opportunity to earn up to 1,000 bonus Starpoints at participating SPG properties. You’ll get the bonus points after each eligible stay at participating St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Meridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio or Design Hotel properties. Or, you’ll earn 500 bonus Starpoints after each eligible stay at participating Aloft, Element or Four Points property. In addition, you can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 nights during the promotion period.
You must register for the promotion by November 30, 2017, by going to SPG’s promotion website. Eligible stays must be completed between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018.
Even though Marriott and Starwood are in the midst of a major merger, it’s interesting to see them each issue their own promotions. If you have some hotel stays coming up with either of the chains, take a few minutes to sign up so you can take advantage of what each has to offer.
Featured image by the Miami Beach EDITION.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.