Register for the Latest SPG and Marriott Promotions — Free Nights and Bonus Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest are offering members of both programs a new promotion with the chance to earn either free nights or bonus points. With Marriott’s Free Night MegaBonus promotion, you’ll be able to earn free nights, and with SPG’s Explore More option, you’ll get bonus Starpoints for your stays.
You’ll need to register for both of the promotions individually. Here’s a breakdown of each:
Marriott’s Free Night MegaBonus Promotion
With the Free Night MegaBonus, you can earn a free night after you complete two paid stays at any participating property in the world. Eligible travel for the promotion must be completed between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018. In addition, once you’ve completed the two paid stays and gotten the free night, you could be eligible to unlock more rewards.
You must register for the promotion by November 30, 2017, by going to Marriott’s promotion website. There’s a maximum of one free night, which can be redeemed at eligible Category 1-5 properties. As a reminder, Marriott defines a “stay” as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.
Most Marriott brands are participating in the promotion, including EDITION, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Marriott, Delta, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, AC Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace Suites, Protea, Moxy and Ritz-Carlton.
SPG’s Explore More Promotion
SPG’s Explore More promotion gives you the opportunity to earn up to 1,000 bonus Starpoints at participating SPG properties. You’ll get the bonus points after each eligible stay at participating St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Meridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio or Design Hotel properties. Or, you’ll earn 500 bonus Starpoints after each eligible stay at participating Aloft, Element or Four Points property. In addition, you can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 nights during the promotion period.
You must register for the promotion by November 30, 2017, by going to SPG’s promotion website. Eligible stays must be completed between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018.
Even though Marriott and Starwood are in the midst of a major merger, it’s interesting to see them each issue their own promotions. If you have some hotel stays coming up with either of the chains, take a few minutes to sign up so you can take advantage of what each has to offer.
Featured image by the Miami Beach EDITION.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.