9 Flight Instructors You Should Be Following on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone’s favorite pastime is scrolling through Instagram, but what makes it even more fun is looking at photos from the sky — particularly the profiles of those who are teaching others to fly. We scoured the ‘gram to find some of the best flight instructors and their aerial snaps from above, plus shots of their fleet and everything in between. From lifetime recreational fliers to commercial pilots, these instructors want everyone to experience the world the way they see it — from the cockpit. They might even inspire you to jump on-board with one of them.
If you’re looking for a seasoned pilot with lots of experience and amazing pictures of her different planes, look no further. Patty is an airshow pilot and based on her images, she likes to spend as much time upside down in the air as she does teaching others to fly. She’s a self-appointed “aerobatic savant” so you know she has fun and wild images unlike anywhere else you might find.
Not only is @sascaptain an A320 Commander, but also a flight instructor for SAS. His profile is loaded with images inside his A320 as well beautiful shots from the cockpit. If you’re looking to follow someone who knows how to fly in style, this is your guy. His tagline says he’s “making sense of aviation” and a quick scroll through his profile proves exactly this.
This professional pilot training academy based out of San Diego and Sweden has been in the game since 1963, so they know a thing or two about aviation — it’s in the business of training world-class pilots and if the IG pictures are any indication of their success, they’re leading the game. The teachers here show people how to fly anything from helicopters to commercial planes and its fleet is readily on view throughout the Instagram feed.
This is the leading flight training school in the United Kingdom and its Instagram account is a walk through the history of aviation, highlighting planes from the Vulcan and commercial airliners to helicopters. The objective is simple: 1) learn to fly and 2) fly away, so they’re here to help you jump behind the cockpit.
This Miami-based American Airline bus driver and C-17 instructor pilot is here for one reason: to serve. His profile is filled with images of helping others, most recently dropping off loads of supplies and relief equipment to south Florida in the wake of Hurricane Irma. If you’re looking for some positive reinforcement as well as beautiful aerial images of your favorite planes, give DJ a follow.
This flight training school in Miami has been in operation for more than 30 years and its profile is filled with not only pictures of its large fleet and crew, but also its freshly licensed pilots gleaming with pride. The school specializes in helicopter training as well as fixed-wings and for those looking for a hub of aviation images and new pilots, Pelican Flight Training is where it’s at.
Lake Superior Helicopters is all about two things: helicopters and training. Its page is filled with tons of fun videos of helicopters in flight as well as pictures of its elated patrons. In addition to flight instruction, the company specializes in helicopter tours, commercial services and VA benefits, offering some simple advice: Hate your job? Fly a helicopter. And while you’re at it, push that follow button.
Is there anything MayCay Beeler can’t do? She’s a TV personality, a best-selling and award-winning author, an American record-breaking pilot and, of course, an FAA chief flight instructor. While there are images from every facet of her life, her love of aviation is clear. As her Instagram says, she’s “smitten with the wild blue yonder.”
This aviation lover is commander behind the wheel in the sky… and the ocean. When she’s not thousands of feet in the air, you can find her sailing on the open sea. Sometimes she posts when her passions combine and you can spot her on a seaplane going for a quick flight/swim. If you love the water as much as the sky, you’re going to want to follow Jamie.
Are there any flight instructors you follow on Instagram? Let us know in the comments below.
Featured image by Yuri SmityukTASS/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees