This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For PC gamers who like to spend their weekends virtually racing, smashing and raiding, this hotel in Taiwan has you in mind. Recognized as the first e-sports themed hotel in Asia, the iHotel has decked out all of its rooms with state-of-the-art PC gaming systems so avid gamers won’t miss their beloved consoles at home too much.
The iHotel, located in Taoyuan City, provides video game fanatics with a welcoming gaming environment: Guests can game in style from the comfort of their private room. Each room is outfitted with two player battle stations rigged with the latest equipment like i5-7400 processors, 16GB of RAM, GTX 1080 Ti GPU and DXRacer gaming chairs. Attentive to the needs of gamers, the hotel computers and systems are 4K ready and are powered by super-fast graphics cards. When it’s time to relax, guests can watch and enjoy their favorite e-sports on their 46-inch television.
If the in-room accommodations are not enough to keep travelers occupied, there’s always the hotel lobby for a big tournament style game. Inside the lobby, there’s a gaming arena where two teams of six players can challenge friends and other guests to games like Dota 2, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros and more. The hotel lobby gaming room is open to the public and it doubles as an internet cafe.
Overall, the hotel seems like a popular choice for gamer couples who have rated it an average 8.0 on Booking.com, according to Daily Mail. With a rate of $100 a night, this Taiwan hotel makes staying anywhere else seem boring. In fact, locals and visitors alike can enjoy $12-an-hour rate for a gaming session.
The hotel is conveniently located 20-minutes from Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) and the Taoyuan High Speed Railway Station. Avid gamers, book away.
Would you check into this hotel? Let us know in the comments below.
Images by iHotel/Facebook.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees