The First Gaming Hotel Opens in Taiwan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For PC gamers who like to spend their weekends virtually racing, smashing and raiding, this hotel in Taiwan has you in mind. Recognized as the first e-sports themed hotel in Asia, the iHotel has decked out all of its rooms with state-of-the-art PC gaming systems so avid gamers won’t miss their beloved consoles at home too much.
The iHotel, located in Taoyuan City, provides video game fanatics with a welcoming gaming environment: Guests can game in style from the comfort of their private room. Each room is outfitted with two player battle stations rigged with the latest equipment like i5-7400 processors, 16GB of RAM, GTX 1080 Ti GPU and DXRacer gaming chairs. Attentive to the needs of gamers, the hotel computers and systems are 4K ready and are powered by super-fast graphics cards. When it’s time to relax, guests can watch and enjoy their favorite e-sports on their 46-inch television.
If the in-room accommodations are not enough to keep travelers occupied, there’s always the hotel lobby for a big tournament style game. Inside the lobby, there’s a gaming arena where two teams of six players can challenge friends and other guests to games like Dota 2, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros and more. The hotel lobby gaming room is open to the public and it doubles as an internet cafe.
Overall, the hotel seems like a popular choice for gamer couples who have rated it an average 8.0 on Booking.com, according to Daily Mail. With a rate of $100 a night, this Taiwan hotel makes staying anywhere else seem boring. In fact, locals and visitors alike can enjoy $12-an-hour rate for a gaming session.
The hotel is conveniently located 20-minutes from Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) and the Taoyuan High Speed Railway Station. Avid gamers, book away.
Would you check into this hotel? Let us know in the comments below.
Images by iHotel/Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.